Chapter Four

Stephanie's Pov
Approximately two months went by when I decided that I would put my strange thinking to the side and just get to know Mikey, and with the time being I learned quite a lot, he was very much different care free, pulling pranks.

No one would believe he was a gang leader. He would literally make Draken give him piggy back rides after going out to eat, he would throw a fit when there wasn't a flag in his kids meals, aside from still ordering from the kids meal. I enjoyed his energetic presence. Some days when my slump would come back, he knew how to just make you smile.

Aside from being friends for two months, I just didn't have the time to see his gang side when he was handling what he called business, Draken always told me I should never agree to it, said it was no place for a girl to watch guys yelling and screaming.

I shoved the little coin into the vending machine watching the juice box slide out, I stuck my hand under to catch it, speaking before the figure next to me could.

"Hi Mikey." I grinned spinning around seeing him looking at me startled like, before he was chuckling shutting his eyes for a moment.

"Must be use to my presence." I stabbed the straw into the juice box, shaking my head no. I gestured with my free hand quickly.

"You have these footsteps that are sort of loud, but steady if that makes sense, but what's up?" I questioned, I watched him yank his hair tie from his wrist tying his hair up slowly.

"I want you to come to the Toman meeting tonight." I was very much taken back, fluttering my eyes.

"I'm not allowed to Draken said it isn't wise." Mikey scoffed quietly letting his hands ease from his hair.

"I don't think it will do you any harm, if Takemichi  can see one, you can, even my sister comes to them sort of." I nibbled at my lower lip, before in the end I just agreed shrugging my shoulders.

"Well if you think so, then okay." He grinned brushing his fingers over my cheek.

"Awesome, I'll pick you up after school." I smiled watching him rush off.

Why of course on that loud ass motorcycle. I snickered to myself heading back to class. A bit now what the hell was I even thinking, it's not like my mom will know.

_________________________________
Okay on a side note gangs having meeting in the forest sort of made sense in a horror movie kind of way, don't really think anyone could hear you getting your ass beat out here, or as well your loud shouting. I was perched ontop of the steps a little cuddling into my jacket it was just  intriguing to watch.

Mikey and Draken turned into these different people when it came to bring in front of their gang. Mikey's whole expression changed it was serious and dark like. "Who's the chick Mikey you just letting anyone in the meetings now?" I tilted my head to once side a little, listening to the grumbling and all.

"Stephanie is observing, you won't disrespect her, or question why she is here understand." The chills that went straight down my spine had me wide eyed. He was so... Short and scary like. I felt like I was holding my breath. Draken had stood finest to Mikey glancing at me giving me a small smile, like I had nothing to worry about.

Maybe... I was a little too quick to judge, I rested my head on knees some more bouncing them over and over observing as Mikey gave his speech, he had all their respect and it was like they never had to worry about what he was saying for one sec. It was all such a fast blur but I felt some one was shaking my shoulders.

"Stephanie right?" I squinted at him for a moment recalling his name.

"You're Mitsuya right?" He cracked a side grin nodding sitting down next to me on the steps.

"Good memory you have, I heard you are friends with Mikey and Draken? Mikey really wanted you here tonight." That's when I decided it would be a good chance to know why.

"But why? Just two months ago, I didn't even know he knew my name." The male let a soft like chuckle out dropping his head down.

"To tell you the honest truth, I have no idea why actually, he doesn't just usually make friends, but more or so you intrigue him. I think he is trying to show you, gangs aren't just about killing and showing who is tough. It's a deeper meaning." My entire facial expression said it all, leaving me sighing defeated.

"That's the thing though I don't know what the deeper meaning is, back homes, gangs are like you are in it for life, but it never starts in middle school, usually it happens in high school, some boys have no choice but to join, sometimes it's a home but it risks there life when no one is else is there for them." I paused for a moment seeing Miysuya was smiling at me.

"I think you just answered your question Stephanie, that's why it's because it is his family." He patted at my shoulders standing up. "Come on I promise Mikey I would take you home he's handling some business."

So the answer was so clear and simple? Yet here I was thinking it was much more.