Eleven

(Time skip 3 years. Bruce is 28, Danny is 22 but still looks 14, Dick is 9, and Alfred is Immortal)

It was one thing when it was just Alfred and it was a whole other thing when Bruce had shown up seemingly out of nowhere, but this literal child that Bruce had brought into the manor was a whole new matter entirely.

This sweet, innocent, young, fragile, impressionable nine year old little circus boy named Richard "Dick" Grayson was last survivor of the "Flying Grayson's", a family of world famous trapeze artists. The boy had watch his parents fall to their deaths and, after being reminded of having witnessed his parents own death, Bruce was quick to take the boy in as his ward.

Danny was in a dilemma, he was fine with Alfred and appeared to Bruce a handful of times, but now Dick was here. The halfa couldn't just go about his normal routine and pretend that there was not traumatized nine-year-old living under the same roof as him, yet there was little the ghost could do to help the boy.

The specter try to play happier songs along with his normal haunting ones, fearing the constant creepy music would traumatize the boy even further. Danny also stopped playing his usual tricks and pranks when Dick was around.

Bruce had noticed the ghosts lack of activity and strange behavioral patterns ever since Dick's arrived, of course he would he's Batman, and after careful observation, Bruce had come to the conclusion that it was his Unofficial Spectral Housemate's way of reacting to Dick's sudden appearance. Thankfully, the changes seemed harmless so Bruce decided to move on for now and only intervene if things started taking a turn towards the negative.

-*-*-

Danny had taken to occasionally following the boy around as Dick would aimlessly roamed the hallways.

Even in his grief, the manor fascinated Dick and he want to explore every inch of it. Dick had grown up in a circus, they were always on the move and never staying in one place for too long. However, this manor was the likes of which the boy had never seen before and the fact that this was going to be his new home both excited and terrified him.

After a while, Danny actually started to like having Dick around. Sure the boy put a dent in the routine the ghost had been following for the last 8 years, but the longer Dick was around the more Danny was warming up to the idea of having a little brother.

This might just turn out alright after all.