Fourteen

And from there it went.

They'd meet up almost every night in the study when Bruce was "at work" and do any number of thing.

They'd work on Dick's English homework together since it was the only subject the kid really struggled in (for obvious reason), Danny would give Dick piano lessons or simply let the kid sit with him as he played, they'd talk for hours about any number of things (though Danny would feel bad about the times he had to redirect the conversation or outright lie to Dick (when Dick ask why he was never around during the day or why he didn't go to school Danny told him that he had social anxiety and was autistic so Bruce let him eat alone and be homeschooled)), or sometimes they'd play a board game.

However, Danny always made sure Dick was in bad by midnight in case Bruce decided to "come home early from work and find them out of bed", but Danny was really just trying to keep Dick from seeing Bruce come up from the Batcave. He didn't want the kid asking questions that everyone didn't want to answer just yet, 9 year old's weren't famous from being able to keep secrets after all.

That was why Danny only ever interacted with the kid while in human form, so he didn't have to risk Dick accidentally telling someone about him being a Halfa. He hadn't even told Alfred and Bruce that little fact after all.

(Not that he ever actually talked to Bruce, the man was still under the impression that Danny couldn't speak after all, though the vigilante do so love to talk to him. Read: lecture.)

Would this bite him in the ass later? Must decently. Did he care? Not really. After all, Danny knew better then must that secrets couldn't stay secrets forever.