Falling On Deaf Ears

Gulf had been dreading the confrontation with Mew for last few days. He had called Lhong and snapped at him for lying. He knew Lhong won't confess anytime soon. He couldn't understand why would he do something like that. Mew and Gulf worked in the same company and worse than that Mew was his supervisor. In past he had been happy to work under someone he knew but now he was dreading it. Mew won't let him off the hook and he was going to make his office life miserable. Gulf loved his job. He had worked hard to get past the interview and gave his all to the company for last 3 years. He didn't want to ruin his professional life. Reputation in professional arena was hard to built and extremely detrimental if tarnished.

He needs to talk to Mew and clear this misunderstanding. At the bar Mew was too angry to listen. It was a little bit understandable. He thought his boyfriend was hurt so he reacted like that. Anyone would do the same. Gulf wasn't angry with Mew more like he was hurt that Mew didn't trust him even little. But as long as they could clear the air it was all fine by him. He didn't want to fight with Mew over something that didn't even happen. He wanted to get past this situation and let everything be in past. It seemed unfair to him, having to deal with this in the first place. If only it wasn't for Lhong, he wouldn't have to explain anything to anyone. No one could blame him wanting to smack that jerk in face.

He reached his workplace and walked to his desk. Soon he got busy with the workload and forgot about talking to Mew. His team manager, Mark came to him and scolded him for some mistakes in report.

"I didn't mess it up, Sir. I remember that the file I had submitted was correct. I had rechecked it. "

"Suppasit Sir had contacted me just now and he was quite angry over this report. I hope you won't make such rookie mistakes. "

Gulf quickly went to Mew's office.

"What did you do?"

Mew spared a cursory glance to Gulf and resumed reading the file on table.

"Will you say something? Mew, is this a joke to you? "

That got his attention.

"Joke?? Am I laughing here? You are the one who thinks other people are joke. Yes, I did it. I just complained to your manager. It's not that big of a deal. " He stood up facing Gulf.

"Not a big deal?? Are you serious? It's about my job, Mew. I'm not the owner like you. Every little mistake is going to cost me something." Gulf said angrily.

"What about price Lhong is paying for your deed? " Mew said completely exasperated with the way this conversation was going.

"I didn't do anything to him. I'm the one suffering here."

Mew scoffed, "How shameless are you? The least you can do is apologize to him and beg for his forgiveness."

"Why should I? Nothing happened that night. At least listen to my explanation. I can explain everything, Mew." Gulf pleaded.

Mew relented, "Okay. Tell me. I'll listen to your story too."

"I went to bar that night and I saw you both. Lhong approached me while you are chatting with your friend. He said he wants to discuss something regarding you. I was curious. We went to a less crowded corner and he suddenly pushed me to wall and kissed me an-" Gulf stopped in mid sentence when he felt stinging sensation on his cheek. He couldn't believe Mew had slapped him.

"HOW DARE YOU? Instead of admitting your mistake you are spewing such filthy lie. Why would he kiss you? Why? He loves me. He would never do that. NEVER." Mew shouted.

He could feel the anger getting best of him. He had hoped Gulf would say something that would maybe clear everything but he had been wrong to hope that. Gulf was just going to blame Lhong. He had thought that maybe this was some sort of misunderstanding and they could clear it, he didn't wanna lose his friend. But that was all out of window now. Gulf was far more cunning than Mew gave him credit for. He was going to spin a tale and make Lhong the culprit.

"Why won't you believe me? He is the one who threw himself at me and when I tried to push him off he started crying and screaming for you."

"You really are nasty piece of work, Gulf. I never knew you were so cheap. I thought I should at least let you explain but you are just going to lie to me. "

"Why would I even lie? "

"Why would Lhong lie? "

"I don't know what's wrong with your boyfriend but you can't just accuse me without knowing the truth. I did nothing wrong so I won't tolerate anything from either of you."

"I'm going to do worse than just accusing you." Mew threatened him.

"What do you mean? " Gulf was feeling a bit scared. He knew Mew could get scary when he was angry. Mew hardly lost his composure but right now he looked ready to strangle him. A man with money and temper should always be feared.

"Until you beg Lhong for forgiveness I'll make sure you regret everything. "

Gulf stormed out of office and went back to his desk. He was worried about his future. Nothing good would come out of fighting with Mew but what else could he do? Should he just accept the accusation and ask for forgiveness? No way. His pride wouldn't allow him to do that. And as far as he knew Lhong, he wouldn't forgive Gulf. He had something else up his sleeve. That man was definitely plotting something and Gulf refused to give in. He would fight if he had to, he wasn't going to let these people walk all over him for something he didn't even do.