forty six: the beauty within anger

tw: violence 

THURSDAY NIGHT:

Newt's POV:

I didn't really want to leave her, but as she was with Vince and Thomas and I trust them, I knew she'd be safe.

Honestly, I think I was more scared by the event that had occurred with Emilio the other day. Y/n never really seemed as if she wanted to talk about it and instead move on, which was totally understandable, but something about the experience itself still made me so frightened.

It made me never want to leave her side, in fear that it would just happen again and not even her herself could stop it from happening like she did before.

I couldn't even bear the thought of her being in danger, so when I ran into the human version of scum once again, controlling my anger was not something I saw myself doing.

"Oh, Newt, isn't it?"

Everything about him was infuriating; with his tone of voice that made him sound like he thought he was better than everyone else around him, the way he carried himself like he was the biggest celebrity anyone could come across, and that disgusting coy smile he wore whenever he thought he had bested someone in a conversation.

He was just simply, revolting.

I didn't reply, thinking that giving him the time of day would just egg him on and therefore make me furious. But it didn't matter, as his voice reappeared again behind my turned back.

"This isn't about Y/n, is it?"

I could feel the smirk from here, as the mention of her name made me whip around to face him. It sounded wrong coming from his mouth, almost dirty and unbelonging.

"Don't you dare talk about her." I spat, wishing I was better at hiding my emotions at even the use of her name, but it never seemed to work out like that when she was involved.

His lips quirked up into a smirk just as I had expected, and he took pleasure from the fact I was so quick to lash out.

"Touchy, aren't we? Honestly, blondie, she's clearly not looking for anything, so I'd just stop trying. You might just get rejected as harsh as I did." He said, a chuckle escaping his lips as he spoke.

"I'm not sure kicking your ass to the floor really qualifies as a rejection - as the way I saw it, it was maybe more of a warning to stay the fuck away from her." I hissed back.

It was clear he failed to understand that she actually wanted nothing to do with him, as what he had done prior was basically harassment, and yet he was just irritatingly oblivious to it.

He took a step forward to assert dominance and try his best to be intimidating, but as he was only just slightly taller than me, it didn't work all that well.

"I'm sure she won't be as put off next time; it was early in the morning - I should have given her more time really, my bad." He drawled sarcastically, getting on my nerves even more.

"I really don't think it was the time of day, Emilio. I think it was just that she didn't want to be near you."

It was clear his plan was to piss me off - most of what I was saying didn't seem to deter him at all and instead gave him a purpose to continue.

"Really? Didn't think so when she was leering at me before, practically begging me to fuck her." He spat with a smirk, making my fury almost explode.

There was absolutely no doubt in my mind that he was lying; there was no way she would even glance in his direction. I don't think she even knew he existed before all this.