Chapter one

You sigh as the cool morning breeze blows against you

You sigh as the cool morning breeze blows against you. Goosebumps spread across your skin as you struggled to adjust to the fall weather.

Walking further onto campus, you head into your first class for the day. Your eyes scan the classroom for your usual seat before you walked over towards it and sat down.

The class was mostly empty other then about three students who were all seated near the back of the room.

Your fingers fumble with your book bag zipper as you pulled out a book to read while waiting for class to start.

Around a few minutes later you shift in your seat as it felt like someone was looking at you.

Turning around, you glance upwards before meeting a pair of emerald eyes. He smiled at you as he sat down next to you, loose strands of his hair falling out of the loose bun he had in.

You stare at him confused as he sat his bag on his desk while making sure to get his items for class out before leaning on his elbow to face you. "What book are you reading?"

You slip your bookmark between the thin pages then flip to the front of the book for him to see. "Delirium by Lauren Oliver."

He hums in satisfaction then taps his pencil on the table for a few seconds before leaning back in the chair. "I think I read that a long time ago..."

You nod at his statement then start to flip back through to your page. The class was mostly full of students and chatter was heard throughout the room as you all waited for the teacher to come in.

Looking forward, you put your book away as you see your teacher in front of the room.

He smiles at all of you as he plugs his computer up and gets everything set up for class. "Goodmorning everyone! I hope you all had a good weekend."

A small smile pulls at your lips as you lean forward on the table in front of you. You always looked forward to this class because he actually gave you all fun activities to do.

You take a deep breath then sigh as he continued to talk then eventually start to teach.

Occasionally scribbling down notes, you look up as you thought you heard someone say your name. "She's the top of a lot of her classes, she may be able to help you."

You look around confused as you felt a few student's eyes on you. "Wait what happened?"

"Eren wants to know if you could help him catch up in some of his classes?" your teacher looks at you as you look around for who he was talking about.

Flinching a little, you look next to you as you felt someone pole you with a pencil. Your eyes meet the familiar green ones as he stared at you waiting for a response. "You're Eren?"

He nods at you then watches as you press your lips into a thin line. With a swift nod, he smiles a little as you go to speak again in a hushed whisper. "Meet me in the library at around six, okay?"

"Kay." he glances at you again then goes back to focusing on his work as you do the same.

The rest of class went by quickly as you finished up your work for today. Being one of the few students who actually finished in class, you turn your paper in with a smile as your teacher stared at you. "Done early again, y/n?"

You nod. "Why wouldn't I be Mr. Ackerman?"

He lets out a small chuckle before going to collect a few other students' papers. You squeeze past people as you exit the class room and get ready for lunch.

History was your second period and you usually had lunch after it which meant you would always either go straight to the cafeteria or out to eat.

You squint your eyes and put your hand in front of your face as the sun beamed in front of you. Heading out of the building, you go towards the parking lot before getting into your car.

Faint music began to play as you put the key into start it up. Your eyes flutter close as you leaned back in your seat allowing a low mumble to leave your lips. "Hopefully today goes by quickly."

·✦▭▭▭✧◦✦◦✧▭▭▭✦ ·

You groan as you tap your pencil against the library table. You had been waiting for a while now and were about to get up to leave until you saw Eren's' tall figure peek into the large doorway.

He quickly makes eye contact with you then starts to walk towards where you were sitting before sitting down in front of you. "Sorry for taking so long."

You sigh. "It's fine, at least you showed up."

He laughs a little as he places his bag on the table like how he did earlier that morning.

You watching as he pulls out a few textbooks and papers, he fumbling over them confused them looks at you with a nervous smile on his face.

"What do you need help with?" your eyes scan across the different papers as he gently sat a few down.

He glanced forward at you before hesitantly speaking. "Almost everything..."

Author noteThis chapter is short but I promise the second one will be longer!

Author note
This chapter is short but I promise the second one will be longer!