chapter eight

you stare down at your phone in your hand as your eyes scanned over the text sasha had sent

between work and sasha texting you all day you were stressed enough for the whole week.

turns out some of your old friends from high school were back in town. sasha seems to think that this would include your ex but it didn't.

it couldn't. you really hoped not.

yet a few minutes ago she texted saying had seen your ex in the area meaning he was back in town.

a sigh slips from your lips as you take off your apron and put it with the others. "floch, i'm clocking out!"

grabbing your bag, you push open the employee exit and head outside.

the air was warm with a bit of a breeze as you headed further down the parking lot and towards your car.

that was the good news for this week. you had finally got your car fixed.

you did miss your car rides with eren though. you were starting to look forward to them throughout the day.

just as you reach your car you see a familiar figure sitting on the slide at the nearby park.

he was sitting with his knees to his chest and his face in his arms but you recognized his long brown hair anywhere.

the closer you get the more relieved you are as you realize it really was him. then you were confused on what he was doing here.

"eren?" your steps are slow as you get closer to the top.

climbing the ladder, you slide down slowly until your against his back. he jumps at the feeling before relaxing into your touch. "what are you doing?"