Chapter ten

ever since the night at the bonfire party it had been kind of awkward and tense around eren

some days he's be nicer than others and some he's be in a hurry to come and go.

"sasha says what do you want from the food court?" mikasa holds her phone to her ear as you look over at her.

sasha and them had all dragged you to the mall with them because since the bonfire you also hadn't all been out together since.

"i'll take a strawberry milkshake from chick-fil-a." your eyes wander across the clothes in zumiez as you picked across the soft fabrics.

you can hear mikasa tell sasha what you want before getting another incoming call.

a few seconds later you turn to her as she's at your side. "i'm going to the crocs store i'll be back."

before you can say anything she turns and leaves out of the store. you would've followed her but you also had been craving that milkshake all day

after scanning through a few more shirts and hoodies, you leave the store and head towards the food court.

as you pass the crocs store you glance inside but don't see mikasa. sasha probably called and told her to come to the food court.

a groan slips past your lips as you keep walking. you're at the escalator when two familiar figures catch you're eye.

it was eren and mikasa. they were standing to the side of footlocker.

they didn't seem to notice you as mikasa stares at eren with the most boring facial expression.

eren looks the same as he did a few days ago at sasha's house before the party.

you didn't even think he would come. he didn't ride with everyone else so he must've driven himself.

you blink as a sign comes into the way. you were at the top of the escalator so it was harder to see them.