Chapter 7: Back

|Chris|

"Caelin, stop jumping on my bed." I growled.

Caelin stopped jumping and plopped down on my bed with his arms crossed. "You're no fun anymore." He said.

He was right. I was always the fun parent. Before any of this happened, I would do whatever the kids wanted; basketball games with Jr., tea parties and other girly stuff with Cierra, and everything with Caelin. All of the kids were spoiled, but I spoiled Caelin the most, while Briana thinks I spoil Cierra the most and she spoils Jr.

I spoiled Caelin the most because of what happened we he was a baby. He was born unexpectantly and had Respiratory Distress Syndrome. I felt like it was partially fault for not noticing the symptoms. I wanted to spoil Caelin in case something were to happen with his lungs and he were to be taken away from us.

"I know, Caelin." I sighed. "Go wake up your sister so we can get ready to see mommy."

The mention of Briana to Caelin made him jump up and run out of the room.

I went downstairs and cooked breakfast so that the kids and I could eat, then leave to see Briana.

~~~

"Mommy!" Cierra exclaimed and ran to hug Briana.

Briana just hugged back even though you could see it in her face that she was confused.

It pained me to see my wife confused and unaware of what's going on in her life.

She sat down on the couch and Jr. sat down beside her. I watched as they gor reacquainted with each other.

"You play basketball right?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"Would it be okay if I came to your games?"

"Yeah." Jr. smiled.

I wanted to talk to Briana in private. "Jr., Cierra, and Caelin, go upstairs go a minute please." I said.

"But daddy, we're talking to mommy." Caelin whined.

I gave him a blank expression. "Go upstairs."

Once they were upstairs, I stood up and sat next to Briana. "I know you don't remember anything, and you barely know me, but I want you to come home with me tonight."

"If you think that'll help my memory then sure."

~~~

Two Weeks Later

I woke up to an empty bed. Since Briana has been living here with me again, we've been sleeping in the same bed. I thought she would've gained her memory back by now, but to no avail.

Since she wasn't in bed right now, I assumed that she had already awake. I walked into the bathroom and handled all my hygiene stuff.

Once I came out the bathroom, I walked downstairs and heard the Empire soundtrack blasting loudly. Once I made it to where the music was coming from, I saw Briana sitting on the floor Indian style talking to Jr.

I walked over to the stereo and turned the music down. "Don't touch my music." Briana said.

I looked over at Jr. who was smiling at me. I ignored his smile. "You remember yet?" I said. I asked her every morning for the past two week if she remembered and I got the same answer every time.

"Remember what?" She asked.

"Me, Jr., Cierra, Caelin, everybody." I replied.

"Are y'all okay? Jr. was just asking me all these questions, now you? Like father like son." She said standing up and walking about.

"Briana, when is my birthday?" I asked as Jr and I followed her.

"May 5th."

"When is Jr's birthday?

"November 21st. Why are you-" Before she was able to finish her sentence, Jr and I engulfed her in a hug.

After two and a half weeks, my wife finally remembered who I and our kids are.

~~~

Sorry that it's short, but at least Briana remembers again.

Before I officially end this chapter: I feel like I don't communocate with my readers enough, so if you want to talk to me, message me your kik name, and I'll kik you.

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.