Chapter 10: Looking Into

So there was confusion about the last chapter, so I'll clear that up for you. So, in chapter 8, Briana let go of some things that happened in the past so that she and Chris could move forward in their relationship. In chapter 9, Briana signed the divorce papers because of the stuff Chris did at Imani's house. Alright so Chris and Briana were working on their relationship, but after what he did at Imani's house, Briana decided that that was the last straw. There's only so much that she can take, and it's been 13 years. Also, the kids, mainly Jr, saw everything that happened because the window of the room that they were in was open. Briana is just looking out for herself and the kids, because Chris has never just flipped out like that (which you'll find out more about later ;)). I can understand why there was confusion and you're probably going to get more confused, but I  hope I cleared everything up for you.

______

|Briana|

I had stayed there way too long. 13 years is a long time, I should have never stayed. He cheated, lied, hit me, got a DNA test on our daughter, got another woman pregnant, kissed other females, and choked me.

I couldn't take it anymore.  I had to get out of that situation before I or the kids were harmed.

Usually, when Chris and I went our separate ways, I wasn't worried about the kids' safety, but this time I was. That person that I saw yesterday wasn't Chris.

Chris had never reacted that way before, and I didn't even know why, it was like he just flipped.

I wanted to bring this up to someone, but I'm sure no one would listen. I know Chris has always had anger issues, but this was something different. I know there's something wrong with him, and I hope he gets help soon.

Usually, I would mop around l, but today was different. I felt alive. I have to admit, I was a little sad about Chris and I, but I just shrugged it off. Today I was just going to pamper myself.

The first place I needed to go was the nail salon. While Chris was choking me in Imani's driveway yesterday, I broke my nails when when I tried to pry his hands from around my neck.

When I walked into the nail salon. I immediately spotted her. The girl who has had all of Chris' attention lately. The girl he text 24/7. But Chris was none of my concerns anymore because as far as I was concerned, I was single.

Since I had made an appointment earlier, I took my seat which just just so happened to be next to her.

"Hey Briana." She said.

"Hey." I smiled. Now, I didn't have a problem with her, we were cordial when we saw each other.

"Briana, Chris kis-" She started but I paused her by holding my hand up.

"I already know."

"I'm sorry. It was just in the spur of the moment. Could you tell him that it meant nothing, and that I'm happy with my husband?"

"Tell him yourself." I responded and stayed quiet the rest of the time as the lady in the salon did my nails.

~~~

After getting a manicure, pedicure, and a massage at the spa, I finally went back to the hotel room that I was in.

When I entered the hotel room, I sat on the bed and checked my phone for the first time today.

Chris: You still mad?

Chris: You just not gonna respond?

Chris: I know you see my messages.

Chris: So, when you coming home?

Chris: I don't even know why you tripping.

Chris: I already scheduled us another session with Dr. Morano.

Chris: I'll see you when you get home.

Chris: Alright, love you bae

I was not understanding why Chris was thinking as if I didn't already sign those papers. I wanted nothing to do with him, unless it involved our kids.

Briana: Stop texting me, I'm not coming back. I can't handle your craziness and your anger issues.

Chris: Alright, Love you too Mrs. Brown

I swear I had marriage the craziest person in the world. I had no idea what he has going on right now, but I would definitely look into this.

I immediately went to Google. While searching there was so many things that I found that could be the problem with Chris, but one that stood out to me was something called Intermittent Explosive Disorder.

Everything on the website was exactly like Chris. I know he wouldn't believe that there's something wrong with him if I told him. Chris might now even have Intermittent Explosive Disorder, but I know there is definitely something wrong.

~~~

What's going on with Chris?

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.