Chapter 12: Change

|Briana|

I sat on the couch with my legs crossed while the girl sat on the couch across from me. Her and I hadn't said nothing to each other, and we were just waiting for Chris to get here.

Within a few minutes, Chris was walking through the door.

"Chris, who the hell is this?" I said before her was even fully in the house.

"I swear it's not what it-" The girl spoke.

"I was not fucking talking to you, I was talking to my damn husband." I shot her a death glare and she instantly became quiet. I directed my attention back to Chris.

"She used to be one of my background dancers, but she got addicted to some stuff. But she's clean now, and she's just staying here until she can get back on her feet." Chris said. I looked deep into Chris' eyes to see any sign of a lie, but he was being honest.

"Chris, why didn't you tell me that over the phone? I wanted to kill her." I sighed. "Hi, I'm Briana." I extended my hand out so the girl could shake it.

"Taylor."

"Briana, let me talk to you." Chris said.

I really didn't have anything to say to him, but I went to our old bedroom with him.

"What do you want?"

"I'll go to the doctor, just come back home." He pleaded. We basically just had this conversation before I came here, so why were we having it again. "I swear I'm going to change."

"Chris, you say that all the time, and you never change, how will I know if you're serious this time?"

Chris sat down on the bed and placed his head in his hand. "Briana, I hate myself more and more each day knowing that I'm the reason you're not sleeping next to me at night. I don't even know who I am anymore, but I know that I love you, and that I need you. I've been drinking heavily since you've been gone. And I know it's only been a few days, but I can't live without you and the kids by my side." Chris began crying.

I sat down next to him. I hated seeing Chris cry, it made me feel so sad. "Chris." I called, but I got no answer, he just sobbed. "Chris, you can't take all the blame, I-"

"Briana, you're not understanding. I've hurt you so many times, and you've always came back. I took you love for granted. There were so many times that I made you cry. There were so many times that I made you regret even meeting me. Briana, I ruined the last 13 years of your life because I couldn't grow up." He finally looked up at, then he looked down at hand. I took my right hand and covered it over my left because I didn't have my ring on. "I even drove you to take you ring off."

I reached into my pocket and put on my ring. Although, I hadn't worn it in two days, I always carried it with me. I reached up and wiped Chris tears. I didn't know he had been feeling this way.

"Briana, I'm gonna change, I promise. I can't lose you. I can't lose my ride or die. I promise I'm gonna do better."

I wiped the rest of Chris' tears and let him rest on my chest until her cried himself to sleep.

"Mommy, is daddy okay?" Caelin asked as him, Jr., and Cierra walked into the bedroom.

"We heard him crying all the way from our room." Jr. said.

I looked down at Chris. I honestly didn't know if he was going to be okay.

"Yeah, daddy's fine. He's just really stressed right now."

"Mama, who's that lady?" Cierra asked.

"That's daddy's friend Taylor." I replied. "Come on, it's bed time." 

Jr. was old enough to get ready for bed by himself, so he went into one of the guest bedrooms with a bathroom because he was unable to sleep in his old bed.

Cierra went into another guest bathroom to wash and brush her teeth.

I took Caelin into another bathroom to wash him and allow him to brush his teeth.

While Jr. and Cierra would be sleeping in guest bedroom because neither of them could fit in their old beds, Caelin would be sleeping in Jr.'s old bed.

"Mommy, are you and daddy getting a divorce?" Caelin asked as I tucked him into bed.

"No, daddy and I are just going through some things right now." I admitted. "Goodnight." I said, kissing his forehead and sanding up to exit his room.

Once everyone was asleep, I tried to sleep as well, but I couldn't. There was too many things on my mind.

~~~

Is Chris really going to change this time?

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.