Chapter 6

Lando's POV

"Hey dad." I said, dropping my bag by the front door and starting to head upstairs to my room. I paused a couple steps up. "Can I go hang out with Shepherd later tonight?"

"Yeah. Sure." He replied. I smiled and continued up the stairs. Shepherd and I had made plans to go out for dinner tonight. He's going to pick me up at 6:30 and drive us using the car he's borrowing from his parents.

***

Ding dong!

I heard the doorbell from upstairs in my room. I fixed my hair in my mirror one more time before running down the stairs and opening the door.

"Hi!" I said. Shepherd looked so amazing I could hardly breath.

"Hey." He said. "Ready to go?" I nodded and followed him outside. He reached for my hand and I shooed it away quickly.

"My parents are watching." I said in a yell whisper.

"Sorry." He said. I hopped into the passenger seat and Shepherd went into the drivers seat.

I leaned over and gave him a small kiss on the cheek. "Lando! I thought you were worried about your parents watching."

"I know." I said sheepishly. "But you look amazing.

"We should get going." I nodded and he started the car.

***

"This was amazing." I said as I continued eating my dessert.

"So, we need to tell our parents." Said Shepherd, ruining the mood.

"I know." I said. "How?"

"I'll ask my parents if you guys can come over for dinner and we can tell them then."

"Ok." I agreed. "Are you ready to go?" I asked. Shepherd nodded and I called our waiter over for the check.

***

Shepherd's POV

Lando and I walked out of the restaurant while holding hands. We walked through the cool, crisp air towards our car. Lando looked like a beautiful silhouette walking beside me. I felt an urge come over me and I quickly stopped. Lando turned to face me in surprise.

"What is it?" asked Lando. I couldn't speak. I took a couple steps toward him until our toes were touching. "Shepherd." Lando whispered.

"Shh." I said. Our noses rubbed against each other. I slowly placed my lips on his. His lips were warm and comforting. We soon broke apart but then kissed again, this time allowing ourselves be more comfortable. Slowly, our mouths opened more and eventually our tongues slipped into each others mouths. After a few minutes we broke the passionate kiss. Lando started at me speechless and I did the same to him.

"Shepherd, that was, wow." He said.

"We should go." I said. I stared to pull him toward the car.

"Wait." He said. I stopped and looked back at him. "Shepherd, I love you." I felt myself fill with happiness.

"I love you too." I said. I placed a light kiss on his lips.

***

Lando's POV

"I had a great time." I said as Shepherd pulled up in front of my house.

"Me too." He replied. "I'll see you at school on Monday."

"Or, should we tell them tomorrow?"

"Yeah. That's a good idea." He nodded. "Ok. Bye." I said with a smile.

"Bye." I got out of the car and walked up the driveway to my house. I watched Shepherd drive away.