Chapter 4

Saturday

Shepherds POV

"Shepherd!" I heard dad yell from downstairs. "Downstairs in 10!" I groaned as I looked at my alarm clock and saw it was 7:30am. I don't have school today. Why do I have to get up? I sighed and slowly rolled out of bed.

***

I came downstairs to the smell of freshly made pancakes. I grabbed a plate and got some. I was in the middle of stuffing my face with the delicious food when dad interrupted me.

"Everybody is coming for dinner tonight." He said.

"Lily, Locke, Jess and Lincoln too?" I asked with my mouth full of pancake.

"Yeah. We want to have all the kids come home and be in a new music video we're making. Jess too." (Refer to chapter 1 if you have forgotten about Jess)

"Cool." I continued eating. This would be a perfect time to tell everyone about Lando and I.

As soon as I finished breakfast I went to my room to call Lando.

"Hello?" He said from the other end I the line.

"Hey Lando."

"What's up?"

"Everyone is coming to my house for dinner." He was silent for a moment.

"Lincoln, Lily and everyone too?" he asked.

"Yeah. Our dads want to make a music video with everyone." I explained.

"Cool. So...should we tell them?"

"I think so."

"Ok. We will then. I have to go. Talk to you later."

"Ok. Love you, bye." I said.

"Love you too." Then we both hung up the phone.

***

"Hi!" I said opening up the door to greet Locke.

"Hey lil'bro." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not little anymore. I'm 18."

"And I'm 22, so still little to me." I just sighed. Locke took his coat off and hung it up in the closet. "Hi mom." He said and gave her a hug.

"Hi sweetie. We missed you."

"I don't live that far away."

"Far enough." Like have her another quick hug before going to the kitchen to see dad. Not long after the doorbell was ringing again. I opened it to see Lincoln standing there.

"Hey. Come in." I said with a gesture to come inside. He came in and started taking his coat off. only about a minute later the doorbell was ringing again. This time it was Link, Christy and Lando. I didn't even have the door closed when Lily and Jess came up the walkway. The coat area in front of the door was now very crowded so I escaped to the kitchen for a few minutes while mom greeted our guests. Although the weren't really guests. We were more like one big family.

***

After dinner dad and Link sat everyone down in the living room to talk about the music video.

"So The mythical beast have been asking about how all of you are and if we're still like a big family, not two families." Started Link.

"And we wanted to show that we were all still one, big, happy family by making a song about it." Continued Rhett.

***

Dad and Link had been talking about the song for about an hour now and it was getting late. We had to tell them soon. I looked at Lando, who was sitting across the living room from me, and gave him a questioning look. He nodded. I'm not sure he knew what I meant and I don't know what he meant so that doesn't help. I pulled out my phone and started texting him.

To Lando:
When are we going to tell them?!

From Lando:
Soon. We have to tell them tonight.

"So guys. I think that's about it." Ended Link.

"Wait!" said Lily. "Before you all get up." She and Jess interlocked their hands and smiled lovingly at each other. "We're getting married!" Christy immediately burst into tear of joy. Link looked happy, but also sad. Everyone else was just happy and surprised. Christy got up and hugged Lily. Everyone was asking questions and wanted to see the ring. Lando and I stayed where we were. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

From Lando:
Not tonight.

I looked up and him and he was already looking at me. I nodded. Not tonight.