Chapter 10

2 weeks later

Landos POV

This is it. My last day with Shepherd. He leaves for university tomorrow morning. I had a shower, got ready for the day and went downstairs for breakfast.

*ding dong*

I heard the doorbell ring in the middle of eating my eggs and bacon. I went to open it and to my pleasure Shepherd was standing in the doorway.

"Hey." He said. He leaned in and placed a kiss on my lips.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you would like to do me the pleasure of spending my last day in town with me." I smiled shyly. He already knew the answer but formally asked anyways.

"I would love to." I placed another kiss on his lips. He embraced me into a hug and I hugged back. "I'm almost done my breakfast. C'mon in." I let him in and he stood in the front hall until I was done. When I was done I put on my shoes and left the house with my hand firmly in his.

"What were you thinking about doing?" I asked.

"The fair on the boardwalk is open today. Why not we go do that?" I smiled in agreement. We hopped on a bus to the boardwalk.

***

We left the fair laughing and full of good memories to hold onto after we no longer have each other by our side.

"So what do you want to do now?" I asked, looking at my watch. "It's getting late."

"Let's go to the park. They have a movie playing."

"Sure." I said in agreement. As we walked to the park hand in hand the sun slowly started to set creating a beautiful, dim, orangey light over the both of us. The cool late summer breeze was refreshing while we walked.

***

We arrived at the park and Shepherd pulled me over to a spot that had a picnic blanket spread out with a pic tic basket on top of it.

"Shepherd," I said. "This is amazing." He smield proudly.

"I thought you would like it." He said.

"I do." We were both smiling and looking into eachothers eyes, lost in the beautiful orbs of colour. We sat down and Shepherd began taking the food out of the basket. He pulled out a container full of spaghetti and meatballs, a ceaser salad and a small chocolate cake for dessert. We ate our delicious food while watching the movie.

***

"I had an amazing time with you tonight." I said, standing in front of my door.

"I did too." We stood quietly for a few moments. "I'll come say goodbye before I leave tomorrow." I smiled slightly.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." Shepherd responded without hesitation. We forcefully, yet gently, pressed our lips together and passionately kissed.

"I have to go." I said, breaking apart the kiss. "It's late."

"Okay." He said. "Bye."

"Bye." I said before entering my house and going to bed with a good but also sad feeling in my heart.

***

That morning my alarm didn't go off so I barely had enough time to have a shower, get ready, eat breakfast and then go to Shepherds house.

When I got there Shepherd was loading the last of his stuff in his car. I ran over and embraced him in a hug. We lightly kissed and then continued hugging.

"I'm going to miss you so much." I said with tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm going to miss you too." He replied. We kept hugging until Rhett and Jessie came outside to say goodbye. Jessie had one tear rolling down her cheek.

"I'm coming back to visit at Christmas. That's only in a few months." Shepherd told me.

"Okay." I said. "I'll be here." Shepherd and I both had tears in are eyes but neither one of us let them fall. Shepherd and I let go and Shepherd went to go say goodbye to Rhett and Jessie.

***

"Goodbye." Shepherd said again. He kissed me one last time. We quickly hugged before he got in his car and drove away.

Only then was when I let a tear fall.

Jessie came over to me and lightly rubbed my back. Rhett placed a hand on my shoulder. I stood there until I could no longer see his car and then a little longer.