Alex Morgan

**Pretend Charlie was born in 2017**

The soft white snow falls outside the wooden cabin where Alex and Y/N are staying for their week-long winter escape. Y/N thought the pair could use the escape from reality and since they play for different NWSL teams, spend some quality alone time together. Y/N set up the pillows and blankets in front of the fireplace while Alex was having a shower. Just as Y/N put the final touches on the deconstructed pillow fort, Alex walked in with a soft and loving look in her eyes.

"I would've been fine with cuddling on the couch" Y/N jumped in surprise and smiled as Alex walked over to her and hugged her tightly.

"I know, just wanted to make it more romantic" Y/N goes to sit down and helps Alex down.

The pair get into their usual cuddling position of Alex resting her head on Y/N's chest and Y/N wrapping her arms tightly around Alex. The pair having a light conversation about the holidays and how they wished they didn't have to travel such a long way just to see Y/N's family.

"I wish your family lived closer. The plane ride is going to be a bitch" Alex said referring to the 16 hour plane journey to Y/N's home country of Australia.

"I wish they did too, my love. I miss them a lot" Y/N mumbled as she kissed Alex's head.

"I'm excited to have Christmas the Aussie way. What do you do?" Alex asks as she looks up at Y/N. Y/N's eyes widen as she starts to explain an Australian Christmas.

"Well it's summer down there so we swim, drink, have a bbq sometimes, play backyard cricket. My parents and my sister have organised the ultimate Aussie Christmas for you so I'm excited for you to experience it"

After half a bottle of wine shared between the pair, Alex excuses herself while she goes and gets a special surprise for Y/N. When Alex returns, she attempted to hide the surprise behind her back but ultimately failed. Alex lays back down on the pillows and holds the special box in front of Y/N.

"What's that babe?"

"All my life I didn't think I'd be able to find the one person I'd spend my life with. When I looked in your eyes for the first time at the Tournament of Nations in 2018, I knew then and there you are the one for me. Even though I was still with Servando, I knew I had a choice to make and I know I made the right one. You have brought so much happiness into my life and Charlie's of course. I was scared to tell you that I have a kid but you didn't think twice and you treat Charlie as your own, which I am thankful for. I'm also thankful for how you always put us first, before anything. So now, I'm putting you first" Alex pushes the blanket off her and kneels in front of Y/N who is already crying.

"Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N will you give me the greatest pleasure and spend the rest of our lives together? Will you marry me baby?" Alex says as she opens the ring box to reveal Y/N's dream engagement ring.

"Of course I will" Y/N leaps forward and kisses Alex passionately, straddling her.

After a few minutes, Alex pulls back and slides the ring on Y/N's finger. Y/N stares at the ring in awe of its beauty.

"I have something for you too" Y/N mentions and Alex's face scrunches up in confusion.

"I'll be back in a minute" Y/N gives Alex a quick kiss before getting her surprise.

Y/N came back less than a minute later with a long, rectangular box. Y/N sits back next to Alex and holds it for a minute.

"I know we've been talking about having a child together for a while now and that we've had that initial doctors appointment. I've talked to the club and I'm next season off" Y/N handed Alex the box and she quickly opened it to see 3 different pregnancy tests, all positive.

"Y/N" Alex says as her eyes are filling up with tears.

"I'm pregnant Al, we're having a baby" Alex jumps on the slightly younger girl and kisses her lovingly.

"I can't believe it"

"I've never been more happy than I am right now. Well besides having Charlie"

"I love you so much Al. I wouldn't have wanted all this with anyone else"

"You, Charlie and our baby are my everything"

Alex and Y/N cuddle in front of the fireplace talking about wedding plans and baby related things until the early hours of the morning. Both women could not be more in love with each other than they are right now and it's all because of Alex catching Y/N's eyes all those years ago.