7

"this one?" kate asks for the hundreds time this evening. she walked out of her closet in a now blue dress. it was fiftieth dress she put on. she starts to sweat with all the dress changing. she didn't know what to wear for tomorrow. she had to look great for addison.

mark meanwhile lies on kate's bed looking through a magazin not even looking up anymore. he stopped by dress number ten. he just nods and says you look great in that once in a while. kate was so nervous she didn't even noticed him just looking at cars in a magazin.

kate walked over to the mirror looking at herself. she was unsure. is this too much? too much cleavage? or should she wear a jeans?

"mark, please help me." kate whinces turning around to finally notices that he didn't even look at her but at some magazin in his hands. "mark." kate calls him causing him to look up.

"what?" he asks not even realising how frustrated his friend was. he just watched kate sitting down on the bed next to her. she let out a long sigh before she suddenly started to sob. "whoa, don't cry. you looked fabulous in all the dresses." mark sat up and rubbed her back.

he didn't exactly know what to do. he didn't expect kate to be so unsure almost insecure about herself or more like her appearance. kate seems like a person who doesn't give a fuck about what people think. but since this thing with addison her badass attitude somewhat started to fade.

he looked back to the big mess on the hotel room's floor. there were dresses, shoes, purses, jackets. he didn't even noticed kate trying on that much.

"this is going to be a disaster." kate states running a hand through her blond curls. she looked around the room trying to find a solution for her problem. she thought hard and then she stood up walking over to her closet. "okay, i have one last dress." kate says bending over to pick up a little black box. she walked back to mark putting the box on her lap.

"what is it?" mark asks furrowing his brows. he put the magazin away leaning over the blond's shoulder.

"it's a dress i haven't worn for a while. i brought it a few years ago in college for my first real date." kate explains with a sad smile her eyes never leaving the box.

"your first date? i never thought your first date would be in college." mark says not believing such a beautiful girl like kate having her first date in her early twenties.

"no, my first date with a girl." kate clarifies causing him to nod. "i just came out and started flirting with women. but she was my high school crush. i even got a course in english literature because of her. she was everything i ever wanted in a women. i bought this dress for our first real date together. it was in this fancy restaurant. i saved my money for it so i could pay for the both of us. in this dress i feel like i'm the most beautiful woman on earth because she made me feel like that."

mark watched in amazement as kate talked about that mysterious woman from her past. he knew that kate only had one real girlfriend in her life. and that must be the lucky one. she never talks about who she is. but maybe he will find out about it soon.

"i avoid wearing it because it means so much to me. but maybe for addie it's time to finally wear it again." kate adds looking at mark again.

■■■

her leg trembles nervously while she sipped on the coffee cup in her hands. she looked at the big, brown table that she sat at listening to the awkward silence.

there was a thick tension and addison didn't like that at all. she wanted to leave this conference room as soon as possible. she has to go dress shopping for her date tonight with kate.