10

kate walked into the hospital with mark by her side. she was looking at her phone reading the news, something she did every morning. when there's a global castastrophe she wants to know it first. she likes to know things before they happen. same as in movies. she likes to be spoilert so she can prepare herself.

she also likes to know when people in relationships start to lose feelings or start having other ideas for their future. she likes to know when someone wants to break up with her. it's the least she deserves. the least everyone deserves.

some people said kate is a little to doubting when it comes to feelings of others. that she trusts the other not enough. and it's true. kate got trust issues. it started with her parents, her first girlfriend, former friends and colleagues. everybody has let her down.

sometimes she looks at addison not being able to think someone as beautiful as her could be with someone as broken as kate. kate sometimes thinks so low of herself it disgusts her. but she couldn't help. it would only be minutes till she shows addison her real self and that scares her. she never really openend up to someone.

she looked at her phone seeing a message from addison telling her to have a great morning and that she has a suprise for later. kate smirked putting her phone finally away.

"i thought about going to a football game tonight." mark blurts probably talking the last 10 minutes kate was in her own world. "would you come with me?"

"huh?" kate looks up with furrowed brows.

"have you heard a word i said?" mark asks stop walking crossing his arms.

"i... uhm- i was just- uhm. no." kate finally says. "i'm sorry. what were you saying?"

"i told you about the surgery i had yesterday and then i asked you to go to this football game with me." mark says as they started to walk again.

"mark i'm seeing someone." kate sarcastically says. "and addison told me that she had a suprise for me. so, i'll have to ditch you."

"it's okay. i'll just ask this girl from yesterday at joe's." mark shrugs.

"don't replace me. i'm your best friend." kate tells him to which she chuckles while shaking his head.

"i wouldn't dare." mark assures. "so, suprise?"

"yes, i'm very excited." kate smiles with a wink.

■■■

addison had to leave kate this morning to due an emergency surgery at a newborn. addison left the hotel quickly before driving to the hospital.

she was in time to deliver another baby after the surgery.

she was exhausted and frustrated to leave a naked kate alone in bed. she tried to made it up with a cute text saying she had a suprise for kate. she was now sitting behind the desk doing paperwork when kate replied with a picture of her just in a bra laying in an on call room saying she can't wait.

addison smirked looking at the picture with hungry eyes. she typed where are you?;) when she heard someone whistle.

"hey. good morning, addison." an overly happy derek greets her.

"what's that supposed to mean?" addison asks eyeing him suspiciously.

"it is a greeting.. used in civilized cultures by their civilized inhabitants." derek explains  a huge smile gracing his face.