Glittering Waters of a Snowy, Pallid Sea

This morning you're later than yesterday, and you definitely enjoyed the extra few moments of afforded sleep, though it's bound to make Weiss angry. At the very least the snow has let up too, and a few blades of sunlight dare pierce the cloud layer, like golden string tying the heavens to the earth.

You fast walk your way to the training room you chose yesterday, practically smashing through the door. Much to your chagrin she's already inside, glaring at you with a look full of implied superiority and arrogance.

"You're late," she says, sounding like a teacher. She's enjoying this.

"By seven minutes," you shoot back, placing your bag by hers and grasping Funeral's sheath.

"Today it's seven minutes, then fifteen, then thirty, then hours."

"That's over exaggerating."

"Is it? These things are a slippery slope," she draws her rapier.

"Oh, please. Slippery slope? This isn't a government debate on euthanasia."

"My point still stands. Be on time from now on."

"You take things too seriously," you grumble.

"And you don't things seriously enough."

"You know nothing about me," you spit back, following her lead into a basic warmup duel.

"You were the one who told me about your disaster of a grade on the theory exam," she replies, punctuating her point with an adroit parry of your strike.

"I still passed," you mumble, being pushed back by her rigid but strong flurry of pokes.

"Barely!" She shouts, a glyph appearing under her foot, locking your foot in place. No longer able to back up you fall over backward, smacking your head on the wooden floor. For a brief moment you swear you can feel your brain squelch against your skull.

"That's-ow! That's not fair!" you exclaim, rolling onto your side to nurse your forming bruise.

"I said I wouldn't use my semblance yesterday. This is today, now get back up."

"Little dictator," you whisper under your breath. Unluckily for you, she heard that, and another glyph seals your hand to the floor, preventing you from raising from the ground.

"Have it your way," she says, smiling both smugly and sinisterly.

"Really? Very mature."

"Just reminding you who's in charge." The glyph releases, allowing you to raise your hand and stand up. It's emasculating, how she could use her power to toy with you like a puppet if she wanted. Perhaps you're lucky that she doesn't. It would be very in-character for a Schnee to manipulate someone weaker than them. You raise your blade, waiting for her to engage and start today's gruelling exercises.

"Don't bother," she says, making you furrow your brow in confusion. "Fighting each other is fine enough, but we need to be ready for unorthodox scenarios."

"I know... what do you have in mind?"

"Maximillian and Elise have agreed to duel us," she says casually, yet despite that tone you feel your heart beat harder and sweat form upon your brow like molten glue.

"I see," you mutter. To be honest that does not sound fun. That sounds like being humiliated and stood on by people more talented than you, by people who enjoy reminding others that they're below them. "Do we have to?" You ask meekly.

"Yes. Of course we have to, it's a key part of training," she spins around to face you, planting her hands on her hips. "You're not trying to get out of it are you?"