The End

Only one day remains till the final exam; your heart feels numb but your blood beats against your eardrums. You sit at the edge of your bed, anxiously tapping your foot upon the carpet. Unexpectedly, Weiss throws two things against your chest: a plastic bag of sweets and bag of chocolate.

"Start eating," she commands, digging into a bar of white chocolate.

"Why?" you ask, pulling one of the bags open.

"We need energy for the exam tomorrow." She gestures to even more sugary, oversweet things, all pouring from her bag like guts from a split stomach. That's why I brought all this."

"Won't this cause plaque and cavities?" you mumble, even though you're following her command and eating anyway.

She stares at you—intent, resolute, like a tiger—then declares, "Tooth cavities are temporary, good grades are forever."

You blink rapidly, stunned as though hit by a flashbang. "I think ... I think you might have those two things the wrong way round."

"No!" she cries, mouth full of gum candy. "I jusht haf my priohritees ihn the reiht ohrda."

"Wow," you laugh. "Grades are really like an addiction to you, huh? Gotta get that A no matter what."

She swallows. "Is there something wrong with that?"

"I guess not," you mutter. "Still ... I ..."

"What?"

"Nothing," you snap.

She approaches from her own bed and puts her hands on her hips. "What is it? Tell me."

"It's fine," you say, more forceful this time.

Her expression darkens pointedly. "You're keeping things from me again."

"Yeah ..." you admit, "I guess so."

"So?" she asks again.

You take a quick breath. "Does an A-grade really matter that much to you?"

"Of course," she replies, almost immediately. "I need it for my father to let me into Beacon. Besides, you're not going to let Max get a higher mark than us after what he did."

"I don't want him to ... but ... Weiss, I'm still myself," you say. "I've only had Blue Angel a short time, and I'm not a great fighter. I don't even have a Semblance."

She relaxes a bit and sits down onto your lap, trying to hide her flushed face behind her hair. "It doesn't matter. We've refined our strategies; we've prepared for anything. I have faith in us, and in you too."

You hug her. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

---------------------------------------------------------------✧--------------------------------------------------------------

"Your examination begins... now."

You take a breath of cold air, try to calm your nerves, then roll your eyes. "The teachers are enjoying this," you mumble.

Weiss nods, eying the sound speakers herself. They've been attached to the branches of leafless trees, which themselves fill the forest that spans the great space behind the spooky manor. There are cameras as well, so they can monitor everything the students are doing. It's all very overbearing. At the very least, you're here, the exam starts now. This is the moment you've both been waiting for.

You stretch and follow a short distance behind Weiss, who walk through the snow without hesitation, even as it climbs up to her ankles. She's wearing stockings now, though you're not sure how much they help.