homophobic

️warning: there are words in this chapter that you may find offensive⚠️

Where reggies being homophobic

You and toni had been together for about a month now and you were the happiest you had ever been.

Of course being a gay couple did come with nasty comments and sneers in the hallway but you usually just ignored them, however this time, they had caught you on a bad day.

~

Today had been terrible, you had most definately failed a test first period, gotten detention for being late, your parents were pressuring you to find a boyfriend even though you had repeatedly told them you were gay and had a girlfriend and to top it all off, you hadnt seen toni at all today and it was already lunch time so you could say you were in a bit of a bad mood.

You opened your locker, putting your books away when you heard a voice you really didn't want to hear today.

"Well well well, if it isnt the gay slut"

Reggie

You closed your eyes, mentally preparing yourself, before turning around, a nasty glare on your face.

"Piss off reggie, you dont want to mess with me today"

You saw reggie gulp but he still kept on

"Wheres your little girlfriend? Having sex with some rando guy instead of you? I wouldnt be surprised, maybe shes decided shes not gay after all and you are just a disgusting little-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence as  you had punched him, sending him to the ground. You straddled him landing more and more punches as blood was drawn.

By now a crowd had stopped to watch the commotion, including jughead who unbeknownst to you, ran to get toni.

You were blinded by rage as you just kept punching and punching until you felt two arms circle around you and drag you off of the homophobic jock.

You wriggled trying to get out of the grip of whoever had stopped you from punching reggie but they only tightened their hold until you stopped wriggling and collapsed to the floor, your anger now fading as you burst into tears.

"Shh, calm down, it's alright, calm down baby" came the whispers of a voice that you recognised to be Toni's

You let your head rest on her shoulder as you cried, letting all the emotions you had built up today out.

Toni simply held you in her arms whispering soothing words into your ear until you had stopped crying

You lifted your head off of Toni's shoulder, noticing that everyone had now dispersed.

"How about we take you to the nurse to get that hand checked out? It looks pretty bad" suggested toni

You nodded agreeing and stood up as toni led you to the nurses office.

~

The nurse had said your hand was just swollen and that it was a miracle you hadnt broken it.

She also pieced together what had happened after reggie had come in with a broken nose and cuts and bruises all over his face so she called the principle who suspended you for a week.

You were now at home with toni, cuddled up on the sofa with a blanket draped on the two of you.

"Hey babe?" Said toni over the noise of the tv that neither of you were really watching.

"Yeah?" You craned your neck to face her

"Why did you get in a fight with reggie today?" She asked

You sighed and turned back to face the tv before speaking

"He was making homophobic comments about us, and he said you were cheating on me because you'd realised you didn't like girls anymore " you explained

"What? You didnt believe him did you? You know i'd never do that to you" toni placed a soft kiss on the crown of your head.

"No i know, but today was a bad day and I guess him saying that stuff just set me off, i completely snapped." you explained more

"I'm sorry today was such a bad day babe, and dont worry hes gonna get a little visit from me and the serpents tomorrow' she said a devious look in her eye.

You turned to face her properly

"Dont hurt him even more than he already is, I dont want you getting suspended too" you told her

"I'm not going to hurt him... just scare him a bit" a smile grew on your face as you kissed your girlfriend

"I think I love you topaz" you murmured against her lips

Toni bit your lip in response

Yeah reggie was definately going to regret saying those things to you.