Chapter Eight; Emerson.

The next day Sam Emerson was found all alone in his bedroom, with his husky Na'Nook, still sorting out all of his comic books. It's been a month since he's moved to Santa Carla, and he's still unpacking. Mainly just to get away from his strange acting brother and his mother, who was dating Max, who wasn't promising himself.

Of course, almost every night because it seemed to be the only thing that the teenagers did in Santa Carla was to go to the boardwalk. Sam didn't go there as much as he used too, because of Amaris. He really had gotten a liking in that girl and now he just doesn't want to deal with her. Even if he still cared about her. She was normally found with the reckless vampire bunch, which, of course he and Edgar and Alan didn't like.

Sam had also found out a few nights away from a worried Amaris that his own brother was turning into a blood sucker too. Na'Nook could smell it right off him. When Sam saw Amaris that night, he noticed that she changed as well and he was completely mortified of her. As she licked her sharpened teeth at him and breathed in his scent. All she wanted was a quick snack, it seemed. But to her, it was totally different.

Sam's been bugging his mom Lucy, about her new boyfriend, Max. He always tries to think of something horrible to say about him, so she'll stop seeing him. He's plans failed various times.

But what hurt Sam the most was seeing Amaris and Marko laughing together with their hands linked. They seemed to never take their eyes off each other. It sickened Sam so much that he even starting ignoring his real good friends, Edgar and Alan. They tried calling a few times, but Sam always hung up on the them.

"You know your little girlfriend is real hot." Michael jokingly said to Sam as he was making a sandwich. "Why are you being such an ass lately, Michael?" Sam asked, turning away from his sandwich. "Is is because Star? I heard she and David are doing pretty well off." "Jesus, you sound like a fucking girl, you don't know shit, bud." Michael snapped. Sam left the kitchen, tired of his shit for brains brother.

The day want pretty fast for Sam as all he did was lay in his room all day reading comics. He's gonna miss this when he has to start school in a couple months. He heard a light tapping noise on his window. He figured it was just the wind and let it go, until it had gotten louder. "What the hell," He muttered. He tiredly gotten himself out of bed and opened the window to see who it was. "What do you want, Amaris?" He rolled his eyes, she was defiantly the last person that he wanted to see. She flew into his room quickly and was already sitting on his bed. "Okay, we gotta talk quick, Marko's gonna be worried." Sam rolled his eyes again. "What do you want?" He tried keeping his distance. "Come sit next to me, I don't bite." She smiled warmly at him. "That's ironic." He said aloud, only trying to make her mad, but sat down anyway. "I miss being your friend, Sam." Her eyes changed to normal and sad. "No, don't try to warm all up to me to join your cult of the dead walkers. You already ruined my brother!" Sam said loudly, inching away from her. "Jesus! I'm not, I miss being your god damn friend and Edgar and Alan miss you too." "How would you know? They hate you." He said so sternly and angrily that it instantly made her burst into tears. This surprised Sam as well. That something so cold blooded could cry about humane feelings. "Christ." He muttered, touching her back as she cried. "I don't want them to hate me! I didn't choose this!" She screamed and her hand landed on his shoulder. She hugged him, and yet, he hugged back. Maybe there's some Amaris left after all.