Chapter Seventeen; We Could Steal Time.

It's been quiet for such a long time now. It's August, so Edgar, Alan, and Sam are all busy with school and we're just busy trying to survive. Which isn't hard because a lot of people live in Santa Carla. But, now there continues to have missing people, because of us, and that means a lot less food.

It was mid day I knew this because I was sitting in my bed and through the curtains I could see the beam of light. I wish I could step into the sun once more. Only Laddie can now, even if it still hurts. I wish I could go to school and see Sam. I probably should've even think that. I feel like everyone always knows what I'm thinking about. And I think Sam still hates me anyway, might've always have. "Mari?" Laddie snuffled and moved toward me. "Hm?" I hummed. "Aren't you gonna get some sleep?" He rubbed his eyes and looked up at me. Why is he one of us? What cruel intentions does David want from a little vampire? He's so small and innocent. "I will soon, go back to sleep." I said softly and tucked him back into his bed. Star would be doing this.

Right from the start, everything I've done, I knew that I've fucked up. Running away to somewhere I didn't even know existed. Finding vampires and becoming one of them. Killing people and my own kind. But, Im in love. That's what love does to you, right? Completely fucks you over but it still feels so good to smile, knowing that it's a real smile, something you've never felt. Even now, that I'm cold and undead. My heart beats so fast when I see him and I'll never know how to handle that. There's a warmth that can't even exist but, I can feel it.

I've been with them for less than an year and I already know that they're my family for life and I love them all dearly. I looked over at the little angel that was deeply dreaming. He was cuddled up to all of his pillows and blankets. His hair always fell in his face. Which I always pushed back out of the way until it fell again and again.

SAMs POV
It's been weeks now since I've last seen her. I always stayed at the boardwalk later at night, just waiting for her. I'm pretty sure she'd end up killing me or something from the shit I've been putting her through but, I really didn't care now, all I wanted to do was to see her. I knew the direction of their cave but, I was all too frightened to go near it. She isn't the only vampire that wants to hurt me. I wouldn't care if she killed me because the last face I want to see would be hers.

DAVIDS POV
"So, when are we seeing Michael again?" I could almost hear the joy in Dwaynes voice. "We can tonight, I need a soul to play with for awhile." I said, smirking back. Marko, Laddie and Maris are all at the boardwalk. And Dwayne and I were all alone.

AMARIS POV
I love you. Only wish I could say that to the boy I loved dearly. The one I never wanted to lose. I told Laddie I loved him all the time because he became like a little brother to me. I was holding his small hand as he tried tugging me off to one of the boardwalk rides. Marko was laughing behind and grasped my hand in his as well. People glared, probably thinking I had a kid when I was like twelve. Idiots.

SAMS POV
I got that feeling back again from the first time I saw her but, now it was almost like it was replaced with fear and anxiousness. Than again, she still managed to just light my heart on fire. I just hope she doesn't see me until I get her alone so I can talk to her for once.

I watched them all night. Laughing and smiling. They all looked so incredibly radiant and she looked undeniably happy. It was the first time I actually saw her happy, saw her so full of life even in death. It made me never want to take her away.

AMARIS POV
Marko and Laddie stayed at the concert that was going on as I went on a walk around. It was almost weird to walk around alone now that I was always surrounded by people. Only a few minutes went by until I passed a dark corner where someone grabbed me and pulled me off into the quiet side of the boardwalk. Which was distant and far away from everything. "Emerson! Wow, how lovely." I spun in fake joy on feet and looked up at his stupid blue eyes. "Amaris, I just wanted to talk to you." He tried to explain but I shushed him. "About what? The fact you murdered one of my best friends, and you keep trying to fuck with my life. Why can't you just leave me alone, I do bite, you know?" I smirked with my fangs and chomped my teeth at him, making him step back. "I can't leave you alone-" "Jesus, why not?" I yelled at him. But, that's when he grabbed my face and looked me straight in my soulless eyes. "Because I love you, you stupid bitch." He moved closer and kissed me slowly. I've never felt like this before. I love Marko. But, I still could never get Sam's beautiful blue eyes out of my head. He kissed me anywhere he could. But, I pushed him away after enjoying it. "I hate you." I tried to say. "No you don't." He pulled me back and kissed me even more, even better than before, if that was possible. I gave in and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him even closer. He did the same. I pulled back almost every second to breathe. "You're-" he shushed me and kissed me again. "Right I-" He grabbed my face again. I finally pulled back and looked up at him. "I- I love you too." Tears instantly sprung from my eyes and whipped them away quickly. He hugged me not saying anything. "But, I hate you too." I muttered in his ear. The hatred in my voice made him shudder in my arms. I could almost smell his fear. "Good work, Sam." I heard someone mutter and steps crowding us. I looked up, confused and pushed Sam away. I looked over at the two frog brothers who were smirking at both of us. "What the fuck?" Sam tricked me and made me weak at the contact. No, no, no, shit. "I didn't do anything." It was the first time I felt fear and what feels like forever. I was always surrounded and now I had no one. I looked over at Sam who was just as scared as I was. What is this? What was he doing? "Sam?" I muttered. I didn't feel powerful. I didn't feel superior to them like I usually did. I was- I was scared.

I slid down the wall that I ran into as they had gotten closer. "Back away from her, boys." I heard someone yell after them and leap down on the ground. I looked up hoping it was Marko. But everything stopped as I looked up at him, at Paul.