Chapter Four; Everything Is Possible.

It was extremely nice to finally feel sunlight again as I made my way to the boardwalk. The boys weren't even in sight. I haven't seen the sun in almost four days so you wouldn't believe how utterly great it felt. And I even hated the sun. The warm beams had really made me feel alive again.

I'm not running away from the boys, I'm not leaving them. I just needed a break for awhile. I was honestly hoping to get another chance at staying with The Frog Brothers. I knew the second I saw them that we'd become friends. Even if they were a little strange about Santa Carla.

I reached the heavenly boardwalk, already introduced to loud teenagers and the brilliant lights of the rides and shops. The boardwalk still shined bright in the daylight. It was all like a dream to me, really. I never ever thought that there would be a place that I'd end up calling home in a week. I haven't been on the road alone that long but it still felt like forever. I reached for my sunglasses out of my flannel pocket and made my way towards the comic book store.

After pushing passed the crowds of people, I finally found my way just a few feet away from the entrance. Edgar was standing near outside and Alan was leaning up against a counter on the inside. "Hello, hello." I smiled as I spoke loud enough for them both to hear. They turned towards my way and Alan smiled as Edgar grunted, like usual. "Hey, Emerson's been looking for you and your pack of mutts all night." Edgar explained. "Yeah, he's actually passed out in the back still." Alan said, motioning towards the back door, connected to the store. "Will you ever shut up about them?" I snapped at Edgar, getting angered at his way of always bagging on the boys. "Why are you so blind? Can't you see that they're-" Edgar began to say. "Shut up, I'm gonna go talk to Emerson." I snapped yet again, not even looking at him.

In the back there were two different door ways to two different rooms. One was slightly opened and the other was closed. I walked up to the slightly opened one and knocked quietly on it, opening it more and more. "Yeah?" I heard Sam murmur from the bed that he was laying on still. He didn't know that it was me. "Hey, Sam? I've got something to tell you." I said quietly. I needed to tell someone about the boys. And I didn't want to prove myself wrong towards Edgar. He already pisses me off quiet a lot. "Lucas?" Sam slowly got up and turned to see me. "Lucas!" He grinned brightly and ran towards me, wrapping his thin arms around me. He stopped once he noticed that I was serious and meant business.

"What's wrong?" He slightly tugged on my arm and we both sat on the end of the bed. "It's the boys, they've been acting strange and Edgar won't shut up about them being the undead? But I just don't want to believe it, Sam." I said, sobbing a bit and leaning my head against his shoulder for comfort. "Ya know, I don't really believe it either, but the missing people and the murder capital of the world? Even my own brother has been acting different." Sam shrugged, but it caught my attention. "Different how?" I leaned up looking in his ocean blue eyes. "He comes home at sunrise and sleeps all day. I don't wanna tell Edgar and Alan because they'll freak but I just don't know what anymore." Sam explained.

"Sam, I saw blood on Marko's cheek." I even dreaded my own words. Even mentioning any of the boys made my stomach flip and my heart go out of control of them getting super pissed at me. "What!?" Sam jumped back. "Are you sure?! You've got to be kidding!" Sam was even shaking. "Keep your voice down. Jesus Christ, do you want them to hear you talk about actual vampires?" I whispered.

"Oh god, vampires can't be real!" I whispered yet again to him. Edgar must've overhead us as we walked into the room with the same motionless face. "Anything is possible now." He spoke, killing me with his frightful eyes. "The next time I see them, is the last time they breathe." He grunted. "No! You can't kill them! They saved my life and I won't let you hurt them." I explained, getting angry at him. "You can't stay with them Maris, they could kill you." Now he spoke like he actually cared. "I'm already dead, Edgar." Was the last thing I said before storming off leaving Sam and Edgar stunned.

I practically ran back to the cave where the boys were hiding. Tears rushed down my face, but I tried to stop them. I didn't want to cry in front of all these people. I hated drawing any attention to my self. Everything seemed to slow as I ran quicker, off the road. I could only hear my own heart beat pounding away as my feet pounded against the hard ground. I needed Marko right now. I needed him to hold me and tell me that
everything was gonna be alright.

No sign of them anywhere as I looked around in the cave. I was tempted to sleep due to all of my lost energy today. Dawn would be in less than 3 hours. If the were vampires than I wouldn't see them till then. But, they weren't, they can't be. It's impossible. I ran around the cave calling out their names several times. I almost lost hope as I hit the floor, curling up into a ball and slowly crying away. That's when I looked up and noticed a hole in the wall.

I stuck my head in it and looked around to see that it got bigger and led to different passageways. I climbed in it, ignoring the mud and dirt that now covered my hands and knees. I crawled more until I hopped down to where I could finally walk. I kept walking, wondering where the hell I was going. It had gotten colder each step I took.

Trying to warm up in my cardigan, I noticed that I reached a dead end. It was circular. I shivered in the cold air that breezed slightly around the small room. I looked around, my eyes getting higher and higher with curiosity, until I opened them to the ceiling. I screamed loudly as I noticed how they were all perfectly hanging upside down. Of course, fear crept over me everywhere when their piercing eyes opened on me. "Holy shit." I heard Paul mutter as they hopped down. "What are you doing?" David snapped at me first. "You shouldn't be here." He said again. "I'm sorry." I muttered, tears rushing down my face as I walked back into a wall. They all surrounded me with their hungry eyes. "Please, don't kill me." I whispered to myself. But, I knew that vampires could hear me. I wrapped my arms around my self in some sort of defense, not looking at them. I felt a cold hand smoothly touch my arm. I flinched back and looked up, realizing that it was Marko.

"I would never hurt you." he spoke softly in my ear. It still made me completely melt, yet still cry harder. I quickly wrapped my arms around him and he did so too. I felt protected in his arms. "What the hell are we gonna do with you?" David stood behind Marko glaring in my eyes. My heart beat a little faster, of my fear of David. Marko held me tighter.