Chapter Nineteen; My Little Vampire.

Amaris POV
Shit. I don't know what to do. I'm not supposed to be here and if Dwayne or David sees me I'm dead. Literally dead. David couldn't handle me hurting one of his boys. I didn't want to hurt Marko but I needed to know.

"What are you doing here?" His voice was like poison but almost sympathetic. Even if he'd never hurt me, I still jumped back twenty feet. "You bastard." I chuckled and turned toward him. "Amaris." He finally came to his senses and hugged me so tightly, like I was gone for so long. "Why are you here? Won't you get in trouble or something?" He attacked me with questions. "They don't own me, Emerson. Besides, I wanted to know." He looked at me confused. "Wanted to know what?" He finally asked. "The end to this. The end to my long story." I gave the most sincere smile I could. "What do you mean, Lucas?" "I've lived long enough now. " Sam had gotten more worried by every word I said.

"I'm just done with being alive-"

"You're still so young, Amaris. You have so much now and you can't give up now." I sighed. "I'm a vampire, Sam.  I'll never grow old and I'll never die. I never wanted to be this, I wanted to live out my dreams but, now I can't even step out into the sun light with dying. And people, even after Edgar and Alan, will always try to hunt us down and tear us apart and I can't go through pain like that. I don't want to worry anymore. "

"Why did you come here, to me? To know your end when you already know." Those words got to me.

"That's the thing, I came here to tell you something before I go." I stepped toward him slowly and grabbed his face gently, so I could look at those beautiful eyes. "Please don't go." His voice cracked. "Close your eyes, Sam." He did, without hesitation.

"I love you." I whispered in his ear.

SAMS POV
I opened my eyes and there was no embrace or another breath. She was gone, maybe forever. How could she tell me that she loved me and leave me here all alone once more? I will always love her and now I don't know what to do about it.

David was still in my house harassing my brother. And I know he needs my help. What else do have to lose anyway?

AMARIS POV
I slowly went back to the cave sulking in my own pity of despair. That was until I could smell him. I almost grinned but I was angered at myself for doing that to Sam that I could've even get a joke out of killing anymore.

He came yelling at me with a stake in hand and all I could do was smirk, block him attack and kneed him in the stomach, watching him pain. Of course that seconded with another human, thinking they could outsmart me. "Ahh, the frog brothers." I grinned and slightly kicked Alan again, who was lying on the ground in pain. "How I missed you." I spun in excite. I heard Edgar try and murmur something. "Hm? What was that?" I bent over next to him to get a better hearing. I could almost feel the madness taking over me. "You're going to- going to- die." He stuttered in fear as he looked up at me. "I always pitied you too so much. You never understood what it is to have true power. " I giggled as I grabbed Alan by his collar.

"It feels so nice to defeat death." I sang as I spun around watching them glare up at me from the ground. "Come on boys, is that all you've got?" I grinned in Edgar's face and he just spat. "You- you are going to die." I kicked him hard once again and he closed his eyes tightly in pain. "Didn't think so." I sang once again. "How do you think Marko's going to feel?" Alan smirked, slowly getting up off the ground. "About what? Like he'd care if I ripped out your throat right now." I tried laughing it off. "You know what I mean, Amaris. It's about Sam. You-" I grabbed him by the neck and bashed him against the wall, holding him high. "I'm getting stronger, everyday. I wouldn't fucking mess with me." I glared at him and my grip seemed to get tighter every second. Alan was turning crimson at the contact. "Why would you ever hurt your friends?" I heard Edgar again. "I would shut the fuck about now, I could kill your brother so easy right now." I looked back at Edgar and groaned. "You guys were never my friends. I never had friends." I snapped dropping Alan to the ground. "Everyone left." I muttered. "We took you in, even when you were with them already. All the times we- that we hung out together around the boardwalk and ran around on the beach at night- was with Sam too. And you started to fall in love with both Sam and Marko, because you told me that. You told me because you trusted me because I'm your friend Amaris." Edgar rambled on and tried to sit up. I brushed the tears that started from my eyes. "Shut up!" I yelled trying to block out everything I heard. Both of them breathing, heartbeats. I feel like I could even hear their emotions and all of mine.

"Amaris." Alan some how reached me and without flenching, he placed his hand on my shoulder. "You killed one of my friends." I looked back at him, reminding them of Paul. "It was all in self defense." I wanted to laugh and then scream all at once. The pounding in my head had gotten worse. "Really? Wow, the irony pains my heart." I nearly chuckled. "You should have just left us alone, they would've have touched you." I looked in Alan eyes and kept close tabs on Edgar, who was laying in front of me. I knew one of them would try to strike. They didn't care. "How would you know that?" Alan asked. "I- I just do." 

"Then why did they plan to hunt down Sam?..."

"...tonight."

"They what?"