Chapter Sixteen; Nothing Will Keep Us Together.

Everything happened in such slow motion. The last tug of strength I had on his arm before- Marko smiled, right before he picked me up and ran inside, climbing up to the cave and dropping me on my bed. He was grasping me and I was him. Both of us heavily breathing from the fear of death. "You're crazy." I wanted to just rip his head off for scaring me so well but instead he leaned me on the bed and kissed me. I loved it when he always smiled and chuckled into our little kisses, he was like a 13 year old boy.

He kissed my forehead one last time, and tucked me in. I always slept in the bed and he always slept in the cave with the others. I think it was simpler this way, we'd get a break from each other and he was already so used to sleeping in the cave. He sleeps in Paul's place now. And with Star gone, I always kept Laddie company at day. He missed her so much and I missed Paul.

SAMS POV
Looking up at the break of day, I wondered if she made it back in time. She could be dust right now and id never know. Maris was right though, I still cared deeply about her and I didn't know why. Everything is so confusing. I walked back home alone, deeply in thought. Edgar and Alan had left back to their shop. I didn't care much for them by now, always trying to kill vampires that haven't even done anything to them. All they do is drink blood, which is how they survive. Why is that so hard for them to comprehend?

AMARIS POV
I was so scared that Edgar and Alan would take all of them away from me. That I'd be left alone in the world once again. I was up a little early on the couch, waiting for Marko to wake up. I shivered, not only from the brisk and cold air but, from the pain in my heart. I felt it almost all the time, like we'd lose more than just Paul. "Mari?" It was Laddie, he was up from bed, rubbing his tired eyes. I sniffled once again and tried to wipe away the tears that continued to flow from my eyes. Laddie ran to me and instantly wrapped his small arms around my neck as I held him. "Why are you crying, Mari?" He mumbled in my shoulder. "I'm not crying, Laddie, I'm fine." I lifted my head up to look at his eyes, desperately trying to reassure him. "Noo, you were crying, I heard you." He was truly incredibly adorable, it hurt. I smiled at him and he smiled back. "See, now it's okay." He said once more and pulled me into another hug.

Marko POV
I stood beside the entry way of the cave, looking at the two. I've never seen such love between them. Like a true family. I remember when Amaris told me that she always wanted a younger sibling, to turn them into a little version of her. I giggled at that, and of course, their little super human senses turned their heads towards me. Amaris nodded her head for me to sit down.

Amaris and I had become so close now, I feel as if, I could read her mind. I always knew exactly what she was thinking and she always seemed to too.
I gently wrapped a single arm around her shoulder as she continued to hold Laddie. "Nothing's going to happen." I whispered in her ear. She only looked up at me, and she didn't even try to smile. She simply just couldn't.

SORRY THIS IS REALLY SHORT AND TOOK FOREVER. ILL UPDATE AS SOON AS I CAN 💓💓