21. All Things Lie

I had to endure a dinner with my mother before I met Blue's grandmother.

Apparently it was a dinner to celebrate her 1 year anniversary with my new step father.

Andy actually had to tell me they had been out of town this year celebrating their honeymoon. I, myself had no idea why they weren't home. I thought it was ironic I had caught my mom cheating several times before they had even reached a year and almost with Blue.

I had to wear the appropriate clothes and one of the staff here did my hair. My dress alone cost at least five thousand. I remember buying it on a whim in LA with Jameson while we went to some music festival. I had never even worn it. It was a formal dinner so I had to wear heels. They cost a few thousand and I didn't even remember buying them. It was a chance someone bought them for me.

I looked in the mirror at myself, my jewelry was beyond expensive, too expensive to name and my face was made up as well. I was covered in thousands of dollars but I never felt so cheap. I wanted to change the over the top necklace one of the staff had dressed me in so I went over to the vanity that sat diagonal from my bed.

I opened my jewelry box and saw two necklaces that were beyond pretty. One was a crystal necklace Blue had bought me when we went out of town for Christmas. It was crazy expensive at the amusement park we went to for Christmas break.

It had little ballet flats and when Blue saw it, he put it on me and said For My Little Ballerina. I had forgotten all about it because Blue went straight to Dr. Heath afterwards but I had placed it here in my jewelry box when I first made it back home.

The other necklace was one I had bought the day I realized I was rich. I always knew I was rich but I never had the desire to buy anything, being rich kind of snuffed that desire out because everything I ever wanted was handed to me. But one day, I was at Bulgari and I saw this gorgeous diamond necklace in the shape of a viper. I was so enamored with it my heart melted.

I was with the Primas at the time when Jameson saw it too and without hesitation she looked at it and said that necklace was made for me. I looked at it and I bought it. Stores like that don't have price tags so I didn't know how much it was. I had bought a couple more pieces too and when I got home my mother walked into my room.

She asked me to show her what I had bought. I was surprised but I showed her every piece I bought. She didn't say much but at the necklace she raised her eyebrow and said, "You've got a good eye," she kept her tone even and she never said anything else but when she left she said.

" I like who you are becoming Clara,"

Andy later told me I had spent close to two million dollars.

I alternated between the two necklaces. I thought I chose Blue's but when I looked in the mirror, the bright sparkle of the diamonds caught my attention. I had chosen the Bulgari.

Dinner went by uneventfully. My mother was home so that meant our home was filled with various maids and cooks to handle her every desire. The entree was apparently my step fathers favorite, Chicken Marsala but they still brought 7 different courses. My mothers new husband was so boring he maybe said three words at the dinner table and he was on his phone the majority of the time.

My mother probably under the auspice of trying to appear to be a good mother asked me questions.

" How's school?"

" I graduated, I got Salutatorian,"

"Have you decided which ballet school you will attend?"

" I'm not sure, I might not want to go so far,"