13. All Things Connect

I lost my "virginity" to Blue in the spring, although we were broken up at the time. Blue and I's honeymoon phase barely lasted a month before we had our first fight and were over. It was stupid but at the time it felt so significant. It was in those times I learned the most about Blue.

The first fight was really about Beaulah.

It had a gradual buildup of snarky remarks and unaddressed differences. It began to fester throughout our everyday life until we could no longer bear to speak to each other without noticing our stark incompatibilities. Every conversation was a potential gateway to another argument and our true personalities began to emerge without the reverence or fear of losing one another.

Blue loved to smoke and it was how we hung out. Before any of the arguments, we entered a nice sweet spot in our routine and since I had a break from dance so for the first time since we'd met, we were able to hang with each other every day – and we did.

Blue was clingy, narcissistic and pretentious, with an almost childlike air about him that made him scatterbrained so he didn't talk- he rambled. He got frustrated if I didn't respond fast enough and blamed my inferior intelligence for why I couldn't keep up with him.

He made no qualms about demanding to be around me everyday and having a general working knowledge of my whereabouts all the time. If it wasn't always so erratic and curt, I would have mistaken it with possession. As soon as I was out of school Blue called to make sure I was home or at Santana's and usually made his way to me.

The only time Blue pretended I wasn't his main priority was when he was with Mike and slowly I was starting to hate him because of it. The long text responses stopped and the incessant phone calls ceased. Instead, he chose to not answer my calls or attempt to reach out and I had grown addicted to the feeling of someone caring so intensely for me– they cared.

Naturally, whenever he pulled away I chose to retreat as well, only choosing to answer when he called. Eventually, it got so bad I didn't hear from Blue for a whole weekend. When I finally broke the nerve to call him Sunday evening he answered on the third ring.

" Hello Blue?"

" Yes, Claire,"

" I was just calling, I hadn't heard from you," I said.

" Oh thank you Princess. I've just been over at Mike's, I'm sorry I didn't call. We found a real lemon but if we do it tight. Man it's going to be pretty," Blue said.

" Oh what kind of car is it?" I asked. There was music in the background and I could hear people talking.

" It's a BMW E30 M," Blue said.

" Oh okay good luck with that. I didn't want anything. I'll call you later or see you at school," I said, quickly hanging up the phone. I didn't see Blue at school the next day but he texted me during school telling me to stay at Santana's so we could hang out.

I waited for him even though Andy texted me saying I should come home. I was in my car waiting for almost an hour and a half when he finally showed up.

Mike's pick up truck pulled up outside his house and I had to keep myself from rolling my eyes. Blue went inside the house and then outside to his motorcycle for a second before pulling out his phone and calling me.

" Claire where are you at? I see your raggedy ass car in Santana's driveway," Blue joked.

" I'm inside of it watching you," I responded. Blue grinned before heading to the passenger seat. The second he got in the car putting down a to-go cup from a restaurant and chewing some candy.

" Hey princess," he said, kissing me on the cheek.

" Where did you go to eat?' I asked.

" Somewhere with Mike. It was crazy we ended up getting sent to ISS today because Mike called the teacher illiterate," Blue said.