5. All Things Become Friends

I've grown up around rich people my entire life. 

It is a part of who I am and overtime I became very good at my ability to spot if someone was rich. The biggest indicators to gauge wealth were, in my experience, mannerisms and language. After Blue made it to my room it became very apparent to me that he had little to no experience around rich people. He assuredly did not grow up around riches. I was slightly confused because Blue lived in a rich neighborhood with more than affluent parents. But everything about him screamed he was not rich at all.

Blue ogled every painting and touched every statue that lined the hallways to my room. A dead giveaway because he was easily impressed. Rich people have this weird rule that you're never supposed to look too impressed and we tend to always seem underwhelmed with our surroundings. I don't think it's an act. I think most rich people are just really not easily impressed with anything. Aside from Blue's naive nature, his language was that of someone who grew up in a public school.

Then again, It was mostly because Blue was too critical of the way we lived, despite being apart of our circle now.

Once we made it to my room, I immediately sat onto my bed. I had a large window that faced the right side and my massive princess style bed was in the middle of my room beside my bathroom. Blue walked into my room and stopped instantly. " You guys are fucking loaded," he said. His eyes instantly tracked my vanity which was on the left wall across from the window.

My vanity was lined with expensive jewelry and necklaces. Blue touched one and I had to resist the urge to tell him to put it back. I had learned not to care about money nearly as much as I once did, but still something in me couldn't fathom the idea of him touching something he didn't know the value of.

" Everytime I see what you rich people spend your money on I practically faint," Blue said, analyzing a very expensive Tiffany necklace. "I didn't buy all of it, some of it the staff here gets it for me for special occasions," I said. I wanted to curse myself for trying to look smaller in front of him.

"Jesus fucking Christ so you're so rich other people spend your money for you?" Blue scoffed, placing the necklace down. I realize my attempt to not look like a spoiled rich girl backfired.I had a naturally cool demeanor so it was difficult for someone to get under my skin easily, but I'd be lying if I said Blue's critical analysis of my riches didn't make me grit my teeth.

" No, my mother is so rich that she gets other people to spend her money for her. This type of stuff has never made me happy," I differentiated.

Blue laughed slightly before walking away from my vanity and towards my walk-in closet, his voice now echoing from the closet.

"You know you rich girls never cease to amaze me. You guys have all this stuff, shoes and purses and it's still not enough for you, nothing makes you happy," Blue said. I began to inch to the edge of the bed, anxious to know whatever it was Blue was searching around for in my closet.

" Money isn't everything Blue," I answered calmly.

" Oh, but having it is," Blue responded before I heard the sound of several items fall.

I got out of the bed and walked in the closet to see Blue admiring a creme Giuseppe heel which he had dropped on the floor. In fact, it appeared Blue had knocked down one of the displays so my floor was now lined with heels. I did not wince as I picked up some of my favorite Manolo heels and Gianvito pumps. I didn't even flinch while I picked up my J'adior slingback, which I owned in every color. I was not annoyed that he was here and I didn't mind picking up shoes that once meant the world to me. I cared very little that he'd carelessly dropped them.

I was annoyed for a different reason entirely. My skin felt prickly because he was staring at me, analyzing me as if I was some foreign alien. I bent down to pick up the other shoe, placing it in the box and grabbing the shoe from his hand. I looked up at him, his eyes boring holes into my skull. I had to say something and my tone was less than pleasant.