8. All Things Become Friends

Taj and Blue were complete opposites. It didn't take me long to realize that Taj was this easygoing perfect gentleman that quite literally treated Santana like a princess. Blue instead, was a moody, insecure, playboy. At school, Taj would wait for Santana by her locker, usually with some different type of Starbucks drink or a cute breakfast donut from Dunkin Donuts.

They would walk together through the halls, eat lunch at the same table, and eventually Taj gave Santana his jersey to wear right before a game in front of everyone. They quickly climbed the social ladder at school as a dream couple. Both Taj and Santana were prominent players on their respective teams and at our school basketball was everything.

Meanwhile, Blue and I acted completely differently in school.

We didn't really speak to each other when we saw each other in the hallways and we barely acknowledged each other's presence in class. In physics class, if he even showed up, Blue would say hello to me and then he would turn to talk to someone else or maybe he'd put his head in his hands and pretend to be asleep.

I didn't get any Princess treatment, he never waited for me at my locker even though they were on the same floor. And he never sat with me during basketball games. Instead he sat with Mike and his friends. At school, Blue and I would maybe say a max of five words to each other.

But whenever I'd be sitting in the library or in class bored, Blue would either text me or come and find me. Whenever he found me in the library, he'd have on a leather jacket with his keys in tow and he'd say two words.

" Let's go,"

And every single time he asked, I'd pack up whatever I was doing and go with him. It was a routine I'd grown more comfortable with and instead of us going out occasionally during the school day, I'd see him almost daily. He never held the doors for me but he looked for me constantly to make sure I was behind him. He never brought me breakfast in front of my locker but he knew how much I loved sushi and while racing through the streets on his motorcycle he'd stop at the same spot and bring out my two favorite rolls.

I never saw him eat one anymore, in fact I don't think he liked sushi.

He never gave me something of his to wear at school, but as soon as we parked at the train station, Blue would grab my cheek and kiss me so deeply that I swore my lips were the only thing he'd wait that long for without going mad.

Inevitably, we all began to hang out at Santana's house. Blue lived next door and Taj would often visit Santana after practice so we all began hanging out. It sort of just happened naturally. Santana's parents had a fireplace in the back and as the season began to change into fall, we began to get closer.

The first or second time all of us hung out together, I learned alot about Blue and Taj.

Santana and I were hanging out by the fireplace complaining about practice when Blue and Taj came over. They both smelt really strongly of weed and Santana immediately began to yell at Taj for it.

" Are you serious Taj, you can't come in here smelling like this, my parents are going to kill you," she said, swatting him with her hand. Taj only wrapped his arms around her laughing.

" Oh calm down, you know they love me," Taj said, trying to kiss her on the cheek. He wasn't lying, Santana's parents did love Taj. Once Mr.G saw Taj playing during the boys basketball game, he later pointed him out and asked Santana if that was her pick to which she replied yes. Mr. G nodded his head in approval. From then on, Taj was welcomed in the house as if he lived here. Blue walked in behind Taj taking a seat by me. His eyes were red and low in a true Blue fashion.

" Hey handsome," I said, while Blue sat down on the couch beside me, wrapping his arm around my waist. " Hey Princess, I missed you," Blue said, breathing it into my ear. I closed my laptop and forgot instantly about the work I was doing.