Repercussions

Alex's POV

I woke in the morning with my head slightly pounding. I groaned and went to move when I felt my arm slide across soft skin and I peeked to see a nest of brown hair under my chin. I exhaled and then inhaled to calm the slight panic and inhaled the scent the Melissa's shampoo. I tried to stretch without waking her and then slowly remove my arm from her. Slowly the events of last night began to play in my mind and I sighed and lay on my back with one arm trapped under Melissa's pillow and my free arm now over my eyes, trying not to think too much of the problems we had to face. I waited a few more moments and just listened to Melissa's deep, steady breaths before taking my other arm and getting out of the bed. I used the bathroom then went to start making something to eat. I made a fry up for myself and fought with myself over making Melissa something to eat. I felt someone wrap their arms around me and I near jumped out of my skin.

"Sorry" She whispered.

I moved the frying pan onto another ring and turned off the cooker before turning to face her. Melissa didn't look up at me so I just hugged her back.

"I'm so tired" She whispered.

I gave a soft laugh and I felt her smile against my stomach as she turned and burried her face, exhaling and tickling my stomach. I laughed and jumped back bumping into the cooker. Melissa looked up with pink cheeks and tired eyes that were a little red. I pushed her fringe behind her ear and caressed her cheek as she leaned her face into my hand. I really did love her.

"Morning" I said.

Melissa seemed to know what I was thinking as her face lit up and a pearly white smile broke out and she bid me a good morning before tip-toeing up to kiss me. It was a short, sweet kiss, but those were the best. I tightened my hold on her and made to lift her up off her feet as she squealed and leaned her head onto my chest and blew out, making noises and tickling me. I put her down and she pulled herself from my grasp and ran. I laughed and chased her, she ran around the couch.

"You'll never catch me!" She jeered.

I laughed and stopped at the back of the couch as she kept running, stopping abruptly so that within two strides around the couch and she was once again in my arms.

"No!" She laughed.

We fought for a little bit, her prodding me and me trying to defend against it and then we swapped so I was prodding her, she didn't block as well and so just took up my hands in hers, inspecting my fingers that laced with hers. I watched her and I felt a sudden sense of foreboding, is this what she felt? Is this why it was so sudden? I realised she was looking at me and I stared into her chocolate brown eyes, she was so serious but her eyes reamined soft and calm.

"Alex" She simply said.

"What?"

I could see a pink tint now appear on her cheeks, getting darker as she leaned back on the arm of the couch and crossed her legs, biting her lip and hiding her face from me. It was adorable and slightly arousing as I watched her bite her lip and then look up at me.