The End Result

Mr Jackmen's POV (Three months later)

The sun was making the side of my car so warm, I tapped along with the music, waiting for Mel to come out of the shop. I did offer to go in and buy it as I would be quicker, but Melissa insisted on doing it herself, so it's not my fault she's probably getting ID'd and I bet she forgot it.

My sunglasses slid down my nose as I tilted my head to get a better look at the girl walking down the pavement, my jaw dropping slightly at the sight in front of me...one of my former students with a huge pregnant belly. The passenger side door clicked and opened, creating a wonderful gush of cooling wind as Melissa slid in and giggled, holding the bottle of champagne.

"Get ID'd?" I asked.

"Yup, but that wasn't what I was giggling at!" She said.

"What?" I turned to her, forgetting the scene that had just played out in front of me.

"Just your face"

I scrunched up my face as she laughed, but I couldn't stay mad at her long. Buckling up, I turned the car on and drove out of the car park, on our way home with the radio blasting. Though a song came on that made me freeze and glance over at Melissa who grinned at me knowingly before we both burst into song.

"California girls are undeniable!" Melissa sang.

"Fine, fresh, fierce we got it on lock!" I sang in a girly voice which set Melissa off into a snorting fit.

When Melissa had calmed down and the song finished, she then realised we weren't anywhere near my flat. Looking at me with an accusing glare, I just grinned.

"They wanted it to be a surprise!" He grinned.

"Alex!" She moaned but grinned uncontrollably, leaning over and kissing my cheek.

I kissed the air but she knew what I meant. Five short minutes later we arrived at Melissa's house where her parents and a few friends were waiting. We had planned a surprise party for her that we decided to have at their house and used a cover story of having a quiet night in at my flat...well, our flat, since Melissa stayed there most nights. Once out of the car, Melissa walked a head of me and stood on the front step just outside the front door and placed her arms around my neck, the champagne bottle bouncing off my back lightly.

"You're a pain in the ass, you know that right?" She asked.

"Yeah, but I'm your pain in the ass" I grinned and kissed her.

Laughing as we kissed, she brushed my hair out of my eyes with her free hand and smiled down at me, her eyes alight with happiness.

"I love you" She said in a voice so soft, it left me quaking.

"And I love you" We kissed again just as the door opened.

"Yuck! Come on Lovebirds! Party is over! Get inside!"