Student, Teacher Conference Chapter Three

Melissa's P.O.V

I walked into Mr Jackmen's biology class late, I had a dentist appointment. He nodded and pointed to my seat, we were sitting a NAB. I felt so embaressed being late for something as important as a NAB. I wasn't able to finish in time but I hadn't had the recommended amount of time yet so Mr Jackmen decided I could use my Biology time after school to finish it. He had a little smile on his face and I thought; he must have saw us at the Cinema last night; I blushed.

I sat in R.E, sipping my tea when Cassie offered us all cakes at the break. She was quite good at baking and I took a lemon one. Mickey came and satnext to me and Jo and we got talking. He was having a movie night at his house and was getting his sister to get us some alcohol. Jo was up for it and I was too, but I wouldn't be drinking. It's not like I didn't like drinking, I just didn't want to when Mickey was there. He smiled at me and i smiled back, I just hope he wasn't expecting anything.

After school I ran along to Biology to finish my NAB. I sat up the back and tried to concentrate while Mr Jackmen and Ashley where at the front of the class, Ashley gigling and flirting like a fool, pretending she forgot everything she knew about Energy Synthesis in plants and humans. Of course it was easy to get them mixed up if you found Biology hard, but considering Ashley was the one who helped Ross yesterday during the please take. I finished my NAB and went to leave when Mr jckmen asked if he could speak to me outside. I agreed. He closed the door and the only sound was the noise of the floor buffer from the cleaner down the hall. I glanced at the black banded watch on my wrist; I'd stayed back too late!

"Sir you gave me extra time" I said a little annoyed.

"Yeah, I thought it would be best since you were putting up with Ashley when I told her she wasn't allowed to stay behind because you would be finishing a NAB, but she didn't listen" He scratched the back of his head.

He looked a little troubled and I didn't know what he wanted to say to me so I just stood there looking down at the ground. I saw his hand move a little and I looked up and he smiled.

"I saw you yesterday at the movies, were you purposly hiding from me?" He asked.

I laughed a little and he raised his eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"No, well yeah. We saw you at the bar and were eyeing you and your friends up"

It went silent and I could feel how hot my face was and I panicked.

"I mean it was before we knew it was you otherwise we wouldn't of been eyeing you up or anything. Then you showed up on our floor and we got embaressed and-"

"It's alright" He laughed.

His face was a little red too and we just looked at each other. Suddenly he moved towards me and kissed my cheek. I stubbed my toe on the ground and he cleared his throat.

"Sorry, I'll see you tomorrow. I'll grade your NAB" He said and went into his room.

I put my hand on my cheek; he kissed me?! I walked fast and got out of the school, catching the bus home so I didn't have to walk through the woods by myself. He kissed me! He kissed me! Of course I was kind of over reacting to a kiss on the cheek, but still! It's just something a teacher doesn't do! It was on my mind all night and it made me nervous about going to extra Biology tomorrow after school. The more I thought about it, the more excited I became as well. Would he kiss me again? Did he like me more than a student? Should I do something? Should I not? He was a teacher! This could get him fired and get me in a lot of trouble! It was going to be awkward tomorrow!