Chosen (part 1)

(Author's note: the picture is unrelated to the story. I just like it.)

Pov-Varian

I can't believe that woman just stole ruddiger. I thought as we ran toward the house she had gone into. Rapunzel seemed angry which was very worrying as she rarely got angry at anyone, Cassie seemed enraged by the woman kidnapping her attack owl. Eugene seemed worried about what they were getting into rather then the stolen animals.

3rd person pov

As they reached the house Eugene tried to warn them about the fact that he thought this was a bad idea but his warning fell on deaf ears. Everyone expect Eugene were too angry at the  women to listen and went straight in with Eugene following close behind as  he didn't want to leave Rapunzel's side.

*Slam*

The door had been slammed shut behind them and when Varian and Eugene both to went try and open the door, they realised they had been locked in. The woman then appeared behind four chairs that were in front of Cassandra and Rapunzel. Varian  and Eugene then turned around as the lady started speaking. "One of you will be forced to share your most painful memories with the group." Her voice was calm and alluring. "Now sit down." She flicked her grey-ish white hand forward, causing everyone to be pushed into a each chair by seemingly nothing. Then vines trapped them in their chairs. The lady then spoke again, her voice sounding more menacing this time. "Now, I have a deal for you-" Cassandra cut her off "we're not making a deal with you! Just give us back our animals!" The lady looked at Cassandra then continued. "My deal is that one of you will be forced to share your most painful memories with the group and afterwards I'll leave you alone and give you the pets back. Do we have a deal?" Varian looked at everyone else, they seemed to actually be considering it. Varian really didn't want his memories looked in to but he wanted Ruddiger back. He was then pulled from his thinking by Rapunzel looking at him, Cass and Eugene. Rapunzel then spoke up. "Fine. I agree to your deal." She sounded like she was trying to seem fine but was infuriated. The lady looked at Cassandra then Eugene then Varian. "I'd like to hear it from your friends too." Cass was the first one to speak after that. "Fine! Just give us back our animals!" Then Eugene spoke. "I agree with Cass and Rapunzel on this one." Eugene seemed annoyed at the fact that he had to agree with Cass. Varian was quiet, not wanting to agree but knowing he had to. Everyone looked Varian for his answer. The seventeen year old looked and nervously agreed to the deal.

The lady then pulled out 4 card each one had one of their faces on it. She shuffled them then picked one. It was Varian's. Varian's eyes then went completely black and then he passed out. Everyone looked extremely worried for Varian as the lady laughed. "This will be fun." That was the last thing they heard the lady say as they all passed out.

(Author's note: it's kinda short but the next one will be longer)