Arrested (part 6)

3rd person pov

Varian just watched as the next memory faded in. He had just been defeated by Rapunzel and the black rocks. Varian kicked and punched the guards who were trying to restrain him. He had left all his alchemy in his lab so he had nothing to fight with. Eventually the guards got the hand cuffs on Varian and started walking him to the cart waiting for him. Varian got into the cart and Ruddiger quickly followed and climbed up onto Varian's shoulders. "I will make you proud of me dad."

After that Varian was taken to dungeon where the guards ripped Ruddiger away from Varian who had been fighting to keep Ruddiger with him. He was then pushed into a cell causing him to fall face first on to the floor. The captain then walked over to Varian. He linked a short chain to Varian's shackles then link the chain to the wall. The captain left the cell and locked the door. "Your trial is in tomorrow evening. Though I doubt it will be much of trial." The captain smirked at Varian who was glaring angrily at the captain. The captain left after that. Varian decided that since he probably going to sentenced to death tomorrow he might as well go to sleep. I mean there was nothing else he could do. The only problem was that the chain the captain had attached to the the wall was too short to reach the cot so Varian ended up just sleeping on the floor.

Varian was awoken to the sound of his cell door being opened. It was Rapunzel and the captain. "What do you want princess?" Varian asked. He angry that the princess even had the audacity to come talked to him after everything. Rapunzel sighed. "Varian I going on a trip to follow the black rocks. I will be going this evening so your trial been pushed forward." The captain then spoke " Your trial is after breakfast. Be ready." Varian rolled his eyes. He was tired and just wanted to get this trial over with. Varian was then given a tray of food by the princess which he then proceeded to purposefully drop on the floor. "Just take me to the trial already." Varian tried to stand up but the chain was too short so he ended up just sitting back down. Rapunzel sighed again and walked away to tell her parents that Varian was going be taken up to stand trial. Varian was pulled to the throne room as Varian couldn't walk as fast as the guards.

Once Varian was in the room, he noticed how angry the king looked and smirked at the sight. "Varian will stand trial for his crimes against Corona." Nigel announced as if there was anyone in the room who didn't already know that. Varian wanted to say something but kept quiet. "Varian. Do you have anything to say?" Rapunzel asked looking down at Varian. "I'd prefer to keep my head so no." Varian looked annoyed. "Please Varian. I just want to hear what you have to say." Varian then mumbled something under his breath. "What was that Varian?" Varian looked even more annoyed. "I said you and your dad are both cowards who lie to people to get what they want!" Varian yelled finally looking up at the princess. The king then stood up. "Enough! We're not going to waste anymore time then we already have listening to this child." The king then sighed angrily and sat back down. "Since corona law dictates that a child under 16 can not be executed. You will be given a life sentence then if you haven't changed by the time you are 16, you will be put on trial again but as an adult." Rapunzel looked upset and angry by this but didn't say anything. Queen Arianna hadn't been allowed to come to the trial or she would have definitely had said something against her husband. The king then turned to face his daughter. "Rapunzel you may go get ready for your trip now." Rapunzel seemed to still be upset. "But dad-" The king cut her off. "This trial is nearly over Rapunzel and this last part is just getting the child to admit to killing his father. So you may leave." Rapunzel looked at Varian who was even angrier than earlier. Rapunzel then back at her dad. "Okay dad." Rapunzel then left the throne room. She had a lot to do before she left or she would have insisted on staying at the trial.

The king looked down at Varian who had two bruises on his face. They were both for guards punching him in face when trying to get Ruddiger away from him. "Now you can make this very easy or you can make this more difficult." Varian smirked again looked up at the king. "Where's the fun in making things easy?" The king then sighed angrily. " Just admit that killed Quirin." Varian looked at the down at his chained up hands then looked back at the king. "I didn't kill my father and I will never admit to something I didn't do." Lair. Varian thought. You killed him admit it and stop lying to your self. Varian's thoughts were then cut short by the captain. "With all due respect your highness, we're wasting time by listening to this boy." The king nodded in agreement. "Well I guess we do this the hard way. Nigel. Captain. You will be charge of the boy's 'therapy' sessions. Do whatever it takes to get him to apologise for his earlier statement about me and my daughter and admit to killing his father." The captain looked at Nigel then at the king. "What do you mean by anything?" The captain thought he knew what the king wanted him to do but wanted to be sure. Varian already knew what the king's answer would be. "Torture." The king looked at the captain then at Nigel. "Torture him until he gives up. I don't care how you get him to apologise to me and admit his crimes, just make sure it is done. Also make sure to not let him die. Rapunzel would be upset at me if he died." The captain and Nigel both nodded. The captain then turned to the guards holding Varian. "Take him back to his cell."

Varian was dragged harshly back to cell then was thrown back in. The reality of the situation had already dawned on him. He wasn't going to give up that easily though. Varian was determined to make it though the torture that he would be put through. Varian would never apologies to that pathetic excuse for a king. That memory that faded away.

Varian looked numb. He didn't know what to say anymore. Rapunzel had her fists clenched and seemed extremely angry. Cassandra also looked extremely angry. Eugene walked over to Varian, he was worried for Varian. "Are you alright Varian?" Varian smiled weakly at Eugene. "I'm fine Eugene." Rapunzel took a deep breath and composed her self.