Burnt (part 2)

3rd person pov

Varian woke up in a black void and saw his friends just laying on the floor, seemingly asleep. "Rapunzel? Cassie? Eugene? Are you guys alright?" Varian walked over to them. Cassandra was the first one to wake up, then Eugene woke up  and immediately ran Rapunzel who then woke up as well.

The lady then appeared. Varian seemed worried and Cass tried to punch the woman but her hand went straight through her. "Oh that won't work here." The lady was looked a Varian, he knew that whatever memories she picked this wouldn't end well. The lady then drew her attention back to the group. "Let's get started then Shall we." She stamped her foot on the ground and suddenly they were in Varian's bedroom where there was a eleven year old Varian standing.

Unsurprisingly he was working on something, that something being the adhesive for his traps. He hadn't been able to get them right yet but the newest solution had been showing great promise. It was working very well but the older Varian remembered this day. Earlier that week Varian had accidentally caused a few explosions and his dad had told he was banned from his lab for a month in hopes that he would stop doing alchemy however Varian just did it in his room instead. Right now he was thinking of a way to experiment with the adhesive on a living creature then he decided that the best course of action would be to experiment it on himself.

Memory Varian then walked into the middle of the room and took his shoe thingys off so he could see if the adhesive had an effect on skin. He then threw the adhesive bomb on his feet and when it hit his feet Varian immediately felt an intense burning on his feet. Varian then screamed at the top of his lungs and had tears streaming down his face. Quirin came running in to the room worried for his son and saw him desperately trying to reach the bomb that could dissolve the adhesive. Varian was full on sobbing and looked at his dad. Quirin quickly grabbed the bomb he needed and dropped it on to the adhesive freeing Varian's feet which looked pretty badly burnt. He ran back down stairs and came back a few minutes later with a bucket of cold water and Ruddiger who was just following Quirin. Quirin didn't really want the raccoon in the room but Ruddiger ran to Varian and sat in his lap as he was sitting on his bed. Ruddiger being there did make Varian feel a little better. Quirin got Varian to put his feet in the water. Quirin then stood up properly. "Varian! You could have gotten seriously injured! What were you thinking?!" Varian looked down at Ruddiger then back up at his dad. "I wanted to improve my adhesive for the traps and I did but I needed to test it on some that was alive and well I would the best choice for that." Quirin shook his head. "Varian. No more alchemy for the rest of this month." Varian couldn't accept that. "Dad! That's not fair!" Varian stood up in anger. "Varian sit down, you'll hurt yourself. Also this is completely fair, you have your life and the lifes of others at stake. Frankly this is the only fair option."

The memory then faded away.

"Did this really happen hair stripe?" Eugene looked at Varian who was looking down. "yea all of that happened but this is far from the worst memory I have and I have a feeling we're not done yet." The lady appeared behind them and walked to be in front as she talked. "The child is correct. This is far from over, I haven't even shown you his memories of his time in prison." Varian looked mortified that those memories would be being shown. "Oh don't worry. There two or three more memories before those ones." After that she disappeared and everyone was left with more questions, well expect from Varian. Eugene walked over to Varian. "I mean your memories can't be too bad right? You're only seventeen, there is no way your memories could be that bad." Varian rolled his eyes. "I would explain why that's not true you're going to see the memories themselves so you can continue to underestimate the cruelty of this world."