Broken promises (part 4)

3rd person pov

The memory had fully faded in. Varian immediately knew what memory this was. A fourteen year old Varian was creating solutions to try and get rid of the rocks. He poured a bright purplish pink on rocks and it started fire. He made a loud sound in shook. "Varian! Son! Are you okay in there?!" Varian then panicked a little and quickly smothered the flame "Yes dad! Yes! I just dropped a book-" Of course right after he said that the solution would explode. "I-It's one of my- one of my big bo-books!" Varian then decided he would try again after of course cleaning up his mess and fixing his hair. He then started working on a new solution. The solution that created the amber.

"Never give up Ruddiger." He then the table and grabbed another vial and poured it into a breaker with a bright yellow substance in then mixed them together. "So our last formula didn't deliver quite the reaction we hoped." Varian then picked up the breaker and walked over to the black rocks, that had not long ago broke into his lab, as he spoke. "Soo whaat?" Varian shrugged. "The thing is got a reaction." Varian was just about pour the solution on the rocks as Quirin came in to the room. "Son? I just wanted to-" Ruddiger hid behind the table Varian did his alchemy on. Varian was suprised and turned around to face his dad while he accidentally poured the solution on to the rocks. Quirin walked in to the room."Varian, I told you to stay away from those rocks." Quirin looked angry. "Urmm yea. Okay. I-I know what you said. But th-" Quirin cut him off and lead him a little bit away from the rocks. "Then there should be no misunderstanding. Now listen to me when I-" Varian pushed his dad away. "No! No. You listen to me dad. Our village is dying. You think running away from the problem is going to fix it. No. These rocks aren't going away!" Varian looked at his dad upset that he was ignoring the problem. "I know Varian but there is more to them then you can possibly imagine." Quirin looked away for his and walked a little bit away from him. "Then why wouldn't you tell me! Dad! I just-I deserve to know." Little did Varian know that the amber had started growing behind him. Quirin took one of his gloves off and looked at his brotherhood symbol. He wanted to tell Varian but he knew Varian wasn't ready. "I am sorry son. You are not ready." Quirin then turned to see the amber quickly growing behind Varian. "VARIAN WATCH OUT!!" He run towards Varian and pushed forcefully him out of the way of the amber however Quirin's arm was stuck in the amber as it continued to grow. Varian quickly got up and ran to try and help his father. "Oh dad! DAD! Oh! Hold on dad! Hold on! I'll get you out!" Varian tried to reach for his dad but Quirin put his hand up. "NO! Stay back!" Quirin looked defeated as the amber was continuing to encase him. Varian backed up slowly. "I'm-I'm gonna go get help!" Varian ran to get prepared to go to the storm and get help from Rapunzel. "No son! Don't!" Quirin looked down he knew that son wasn't going to listen to him. Varian had got his winter clothes on and grabbed a lantern as he ran outside to go and get the princess. He had hope that she would help him.

The memory then skipped forward in time by a few hours. Varian was running back to his house. The princess had broken her promise to him. "DAD! Dad! I'm back!" Varian opened the door to his lab and then quickly shut it behind him. "Dad, the princess refused to help but i-" He then saw it. His dad was fully encased in the amber. "Dad...Oh no." he dropped his alchemy stick and ran over the amber. "No, no, no. No! NO!" Varian punched the amber and was on the verge of tears. "DAD! Daddy!" Tears started rolling down Varian's face as dropped to his knees in front of the amber. Varian let tears stream down his face. I wanted you to be proud of me. I'm sorry dad. Varian didn't know what to do, the princess refused to help him even though she promised. He had help her when she needed it without a single complaint so why didn't she help him when needed it. She come after the storm right? When her parents were back she help him right?

He was wrong he waited for her to show up after the storm but she didn't. "Don't worry dad. I will get to the bottom of this. I promise." Varian looked up at his dad. "I will make you proud. Get the answers and set you free. Don't you worry. Whatever it might take I'm finding a way-" Varian stood up."-and I swear right now that no matter what comes of me anybody who stands or has stood in path, they are going to pay!" Varian's voice had change from one of sadness to one of intense fury.

"They will pay." Ruddiger hid under a table as Varian said those words. Varian had a determined look on his face.

The memory then faded away. Varian looked horrified. He never wanted to see his dad in that amber even again because of the that amber he did horrible things. He hurt so many people. He became a villain. He was snapped out of his thoughts when Rapunzel grabbed his shoulder. "Are you alright Varian?" Rapunzel was worried for Varian as re-watching these memories was obviously painful for him.