Whipped (part 7)

(Author's note: The picture kinda has something to do with the chapter. Anyway warnings: injury detail, child abuse I guess, blood and violence I guess.)

Rapunzel turned to look at Varian.  "Varian-" Varian cut her off. "Rapunzel. I know what you're going to say but please just don't. I just-. don't." Varian looked extremely uncomfortable. He really didn't want Rapunzel to talk to her dad about this and he knew that was what she was going to say, he wasn't stupid. Cassandra was silent but still looked really angry. She was on Rapunzel's side with this one. She personally thought Varian should have told them about this a lot earlier. "Varian this is serious! We need to talk to my dad about this!" Rapunzel still continued what she was going to say anyway even after seeing and hearing how uncomfortable Varian was. Eugene didn't want to say anything but after seeing the trial and how uncomfortable and upset Varian was, he decided to go against Rapunzel again. "Rapunzel. If Varian doesn't want to talk about it with the king who was the one who ordered what we're probably about to see then we have to respect that." Everyone shocked by what Eugene had said. Varian was more pleasantly surprised by what Eugene had said. However Rapunzel just seemed upset and Cassandra seemed even more angry. Eugene gave a weak smile to Varian who then returned the same weak smile.

The next memory then started fading in. Varian was awoken to the sound of his cell door being opened. He was suddenly kicked in stomach which caused him wince and curl up on the floor. Then the chain that was attached to the the wall was grabbed and pulled toward the door. Varian dragged forward. He then looked up to see Nigel and the captain talking. "Get him on feet so you don't have dragged to the room." The captain rolled his eyes. "Yea whatever. I still don't understand why you're charge of the boy's torture." The captain said as he harshly grabbed Varian's arm and pulled him up onto to his feet. "Because this has to be secret, Remember? You have stand guard and make sure no one finds about this." Nigel said with smirk on his face. The captain tried to push Varian out of his cell but Varian held on to one of the bars on his cell door so the captain couldn't drag him anywhere. Nigel rolled his eyes. "Captain just knock him out. It will so much easier." The captain nodded and turned to Varian who tried to run off but was pulled back by the captain. Varian was then hit in the head with the end of the captain's sword which quickly  knocked him out.

Varian then woke up again but this time his head hurt and his hand cuffs had been attached to a longer chain that was being used to hold his hands up. He could barely reach the floor and wrists were already starting to hurt. Varian also notice his gloves, apron, shirt and presumably his goggles were gone. "I see you're awake." Varian looked up to see Nigel. Varian then noticed he had a whip. He  pieced what was about to happen together but that didn't make him any less scared, Varian however didn't show this. Nigel walked behind Varian. "Now all you have to do is take back what you said our king." Varian looked aggravated. "Never! I stand by what I said! Every bit of it! And nothing! And I mean NOTHING can change my mind on that!" Varian yelled. He wasn't going to going back down that easily. No amount of pain could make him regret what he said. "Fine. We'll do this the hard way."

Before Varian could even react, he heard the whip hit his back then felt an extreme pain rush down his back. Varian screamed at the top of his lungs. "Be quiet or this get much worse." Nigel then raised the whip again and quickly brought it back down. Varian bit down on his lip causing the scream that was about to come out to be stifled. He felt a warm liquid drip down his back. He immediately knew that the liquid was blood. The whip hit his back again and again until Varian's back was covered in blood. Varian was breathing heavily and his lip was also bleeding from how hard he had been biting on it. Nigel then walked in front of Varian. "I would suggest you take back what you said about our king now." Varian looked up at him and saw that he was smirking. "I will never take back what said about that coward." Varian would never back down after this, a line had been crossed and this even more personal now. Nigel sighed. "Well I guess we continue." Varian was about say a sarcastic remark but cut off by the whip coming down on his chest at full force. Varian had tears in eyes and bit back down on his lip. Once he actually saw the blood he passed out.

The next time Varian woke he was back in his cell with his shirt back on and his hands cuffed back to wall. Varian was also covered in cold water. Was that a nightmare? It couldn't have been. right? He thought. Varian pulled up his shirt to check and saw a large open wound on his chest. It was real and he had a feeling that was only going to get worse from here.

The memory then faded away. Varian took deep breath and looked away from his friends concerned face. Eugene was the person to do something. "Varian. Are you alright?"Varian looked at the Eugene. "I'm fine." This didn't convince Eugene though. "You don't look or sound fine. If you don't want to talk about it though that's alright." Varian looked at the floor. "I don't want to talk about it yet." He said quietly. Eugene then looked at Rapunzel and Cass who both seem disturbed by what they had just seen.

(Author's note: This chapter hurt to write man.)