Chapter 6

Andrew was pretty strange.

His replies were always slow, and was always unwilling to leave Fang Zhaomu voice messages or calls, and there was no need to even mention meeting up. Fang Zhaomu could not understand why such a person who did not seem to even want to make friends would install a dating app.

However, after chatting with Andrew a few times, Fang Zhaomu believed he now understood a little of what the other person was like. Andrew was a person who took very long to warm up to another person. He was especially reserved, and always needed Fang Zhaomu to send a few messages before he would respond. Though his replies were only a few words long, he was not a completely cold person.

With Fang Zhaomu’s efforts, Andrew’s response rate had increased a little compared to the beginning. Recently, Fang Zhaomu had asked Andrew if he was chatting with other people on the app, and instead of answering him directly, Andrew surprisingly threw Fang Zhaomu’s question back to him, “Are you?”

“You tell me first.”

Actually, Fang Zhaomu did match with a few other people, but they were too direct, immediately wanting to start video-chatting in nude or meeting up straight away. It made Fang Zhaomu feel that Andrew’s coldness was a little more reliable instead, and so, deleted the rest of them, chatting only with Andrew.

“I’m not.” Andrew replied.

Fang Zhaomu answered Andrew a little guiltily, “I’m not as well, I’m only talking to you.”

Andrew seem to not really believe him. “Is it?”

“I’m really only chatting with you.” Fang Zhaomu took a screenshot of the app’s contact list and sent it to Andrew, self-righteously saying, “You see, there’s only you.”

Andrew did not say a word. Fang Zhaomu thickened his skin and asked Andrew for a screenshot of his contact list, but Andrew did not want to send it. Fang Zhaomu maligned Andrew for pretending to be pure and innocent, he definitely must have two hundred people in his contacts.

Andrew was unable to argue against Fang Zhaomu. After a few minutes, he really sent a screenshot, and it was the same as Fang Zhaomu’s, very empty, and only showing a Mu in there.

“It took so long for you to send it, were you deleting people off the list?” Fang Zhaomu continued teasing Andrew mercilessly.

“I didn’t delete anyone.” Andrew responded seriously.

“Then, are you interested in adding other people?” After asking this question, Fang Zhaomu wanted to revoke it, as this question seemed a little too serious.

Unexpectedly, Andrew did reply. “Not interested.”

Fang Zhaomu looked at Andrew’s non-mainstream profile picture of his muscles, and thought that Andrew was in fact a very gentle person, and would use his unique awkward ways to express his likes. Sometimes, when Fang Zhaomu impulsively sent Andrew a few photos, and Andrew seemed like he was unconcerned whether Fang Zhaomu sent him any, but from his fast replies, Fang Zhaomu could feel that Andrew did really want to see those photos.

On this Wednesday, Fang Zhaomu stayed in the library from morning till late. When he returned home, he did not feel like doing anything, and so went to browse through online shops, checking out what was available. He could not make a decision between two pairs of ear studs, and so sent a photo of them to Andrew, asking him to help decide.