Chapter 28

Darkness descended upon the room. Song Yuanxun turned on the flash on his phone, and created a source of light.

“Do you have a torch in the house?” Song Yuanxun asked Fang Zhaomu.

“No,” Fang Zhaomu said as he walked to the small chest of drawers by his bed and rummaged through the drawer. “Where’s my phone…”

He had not switched his phone on for two days already, and vaguely remembered placing it in the cupboard. It was not in the first drawer, and Fang Zhaomu pulled the next one open.

“Mumu,” Song Yuanxun asked him. “You don’t use your phone anymore?”

Fang Zhaomu found his phone under a scarf. Taking it out, he replied Song Yuanxun calmly, “I don’t use it often now.”

Because if he held his phone, he would be in a bad mood.

While waiting for his phone to turn on, Fang Zhaomu walked to the window and opened it, looking out into the world. The streets were completely dark, and the snow had cloaked the surroundings. Fang Zhaomu could barely make out the windows opposite him. He had never seen such a long, heavy snowfall before.

Fang Zhaomu looked down. Song Yuanxun’s car was about to be completely covered by the snow.

Downstairs, someone had walked out. “Has the power supply been interrupted?!”

“Mumu.” Song Yuanxun called out to Fang Zhaomu. Fang Zhaomu closed the window and turned his head back to look at Song Yuanxun.

It was said that he was looking, but Fang Zhaomu could barely see anything except for his silhouette. Song Yuanxun was standing by his table, his back straight. “You should come to my place first, especially since we don’t know what’s the situation here.”

Fang Zhaomu considered it. “The power supply won’t be cut off at your place?”

“I’m not sure, but there’s a generator on standby in the basement that should provide enough electricity for the next few days. It’s definitely better than staying here.”

Song Yuanxun’s words made sense, but Fang Zhaomu was still hesitant.

He looked at the charge on his phone, it was left with only 30%. It was unknown when the power would come back on, and if it did not come back on, it was actually quite scary.

Fang Zhaomu was thinking about it, then he heard a sound. Turning his head in that direction, he saw Song Yuanxun placing his phone on the table, and was struggling to pack the cake in the box.

On the box was a rarely seen contraption to seal it. Song Yuanxun was clearly not good with it, and he looked like he was battling a monster.

Fang Zhaomu found it a little amusing. “Song Yuanxun, what are you doing?”

“Let’s bring the cake along too.” Song Yuanxun answered without looking up.

Song Yuanxun’s voice was very serious. He used a little bit of strength, and tore the cardboard box.

Fang Zhaomu broke into laughter, and went over to pull Song Yuanxun away. “Don’t touch it. Did I agree to go with you? Why did you take the initiative to pack it?”

Song Yuanxun did not answer him directly. “We should pack up quickly, my phone is nearly out of battery.”

Fang Zhaomu looked at Song Yuanxun for a few seconds. “Then you help me shine the light, let me see if the box can still be used.”

Song Yuanxun took a step back, and Fang Zhaomu leaned over. Although the box was torn, it could still close, and Fang Zhaomu repacked the cake.

Actually, there were still other options for Fang Zhaomu even if the power supply had been disrupted. However, if he rejected Song Yuanxun too many times, Song Yuanxun might give up, and no longer try to come to him.