Chapter sixteen: fake it till you make it

Notes: The calm before the storm😵‍💫, also filler chapter ewww I knowww, sorryyy :((

___

8:23 PM

Me: You're so fucking
annoying.

Me: like do you think before
you do shit?

Asshole🙄: Good evening to
you too??

Me: Seriously Liam? A hickey
Me: What are you, 12?

Asshole🙄: oh
Asshole🙄: my bad lol

Me: No, you don't get to
"my bad lol" your way
out of this one.
Me: Seriously, what the fuck were
you thinking?

Asshole🙄: I wasn't really
thinking tbh
Asshole🙄: my mouth had me pretty
occupied and I didn't hear you
complaining then

Me: That shit's not cool.
Me: I don't appreciate it at
all.

Asshole🙄: calm down, it's not even
that deep lol
Asshole🙄: thought you said you were
breaking up with him anyway?

Me: That doesn't give you the
right to leave marks on me,
you dick.

Asshole🙄: you're right.
Asshole🙄: I'm sorry it
won't happen again.

Me: Damn right it won't.

Asshole🙄: 👍🏼

Zayn rolls his eyes with a scoff at the response of a simple thumbs up, Liam knew exactly how to push his buttons without even trying.

With a frown, the boy sets his phone down on the kitchen island's countertop before heading back over to the refrigerator. He yanks open the freezer door and retrieves the metal spoon he had set inside moments prior before pressing the metal base against his neck. More specifically against the hickey Liam had left on his neck.

He flinches at the press of cold metal against his warm skin briefly before relaxing into the feeling with a long-suffering sigh.

He just had to keep this up for a good twenty more minutes and hopefully, the godforsaken bruise would be no more.

He was already plotting out a hundred different ways to murder Liam for this. Each and every way more violent than the last. The fact that he pulled this shit knowing full well that Zayn was going on a date with Adam was unacceptable. The whole point of their stupid little deal was to keep this shit from happening, to keep Adam from finding out about what they had done. Why was Liam trying to screw things up now?

Zayn could have sworn the asshole said he was in this for the fun... but this shit right here? Yeah, definitely not fun, or at least not fun for Zayn.

And you know what? Maybe...maybe that's the point, Zayn realizes in annoyance.

Maybe the fun in all of this for Liam was the fact that Zayn nearly got caught at every turn.

Maybe.

Shaking his head to himself Zayn moves back to the counter to pick up his phone. He immediately opens the camera app and moves the spoon aside to see his process. From the looks of things, the bright mark was fading slow but surely.