Chapter six: i don't really like your boyfriend

Notes: I have literally spent my entire day rewatching the twilight saga movies while also writing this chapter without any concept of time. (also the title for this chapter was inspired by the song I don't really like your boyfriend by Avenue Beat so you guys should check them out if you want😙)

Also TW// mention of statutory rape claims though it doesn't really breach beyond that, Dre is just outta pocket like always💀

-

The rest of the school day leaves Zayn in an uptight bundle of nerves as he anticipates the dismissal bell with every hour that passes.

He goes through most of the day on autopilot, uncharacteristically quiet in each class which ultimately draws even more attention to himself than usual. He can't even count on one hand the number of people who have came up to him today to ask if he was feeling okay. He's only grateful for the fact that he doesn't share any classes with Adam. It would only take a few minutes for him to pick up on the fact that something was wrong. So he guesses, thank god for small blessings, right?

Currently, Zayn found himself seated at his lunch table, debating over if he should just head out to his car and ditch the rest of the day or if he should suck it up and carry on like there wasn't anything bothering him. He doubts his parents would appreciate a call from the school explaining how he missed his last three classes of the day so the latter seems most likely. The raven haired boy let's out a small sigh, rubbing his hands over his face. He could do this, he could face Adam. He didn't have to make such a big deal out of things, he was just being paranoid.

"I got it!" is suddenly shouted directly across from him followed by A Chick-fil-A paper bag being slammed down against the lunch table as Dre sits in his usual seat.

Zayn only stares at the sixteen year old before looking to the paper bag with a grim look and then back to the other boy. "You know they're homophobic, right?" He questions, raising an eyebrow. Dre scoffs rolling his eyes, "Boy, this isn't about me." He dismisses quickly which Zayn snorts at. "I know how you can get Adam's brother off your back." The boy grins and it's obvious that Skai filled him in at some point of the day on what he missed earlier at Zayn's locker. "Oh really? And how is that?" Zayn questions, curious as to what little plan Dre had conjured up in that head of his.

The younger boy grins devilishly but before he can say anything he's already being cut off, "Now how in the hell did you manage to get that shit up in here?" Skai asks from where she had been approaching the table behind him. Dre in turn gives an exaggerated huff, lifting his arm slightly only to drop it back at his side roughly in further display of his frustration. "Goddamn, can I speak? Or is it just interrupt Dre day or something?" He responds whipping his head around to glare at Skai. Zayn has to bite back his smirk. Skai only snorts, "You really think you're special enough to have a whole day be about you? Honey, try again." The girl shakes her head, smirking slightly as she takes the empty seat next to him.

Dre shoots Zayn an annoyed look as if asking him for help.

"Okay okay, what is your plan to get Adam's brother off my back, Dre?" Zayn questions once again if only to stop Skai from cutting into the boy more. Seeming pleased with this, Dre straightens up in his chair more before his grin falls back into place once more. "So this may be a bit unethical but I mean you already fucked your boyfriend's brother so can't get more fucked up than that I guess, just tell his brother if he keeps threatening you about it your parents are going to take it to court as statutory rape." The boy says as if it's the most groundbreaking idea. Both Zayn and Skai blink at one another for a moment before looking back to Dre. "You can't be serious..." Zayn is the first to break the silence.