4

"Clef, where's Dr. Lori?" Dr. Gears grabs Altos shoulder, keeping him from walking off. "She was supposed to see me earlier but she didn't, aren't you and Bright her ride to and from here?"

Alto plays oblivious, nodding. "Yeah we're her ride, but she said someone else was taking her home earlier because she threw up. I'm gonna check on her when I go home later, want me to pass on a message?"

Gears sighs, rubbing his eyes. "And you didn't think to tell anyone sooner? Gerald honestly thought she was eaten by something. No, I'll speak to her when she returns. But you can help me with something, mind speaking with 166? Its been requesting you again."

His lip curls up in a sneer. Meri is his daughter, not a thing. "Got it, I'll speak to her when I have a minute."

"You should really really tell it about its mother, Alto. I'm not a family man by any means but.... she really does deserve to know."

Alto nods. "This is the only thing we'll ever agree on Cogs."

--------------------

"Hey Meri!" Alto steps into his daughters containment cell, putting on a happy face for her as he removes his hat. "You doing okay sweetie?"

Meri looks up from her Bible to her father, giving him a weak smile. "Hey dad, I'm okay, did Dr. Gears talk to you?"

He takes a seat at her table and nods. "Yeah, he did. Are you sure you want to know this Meri? It won't paint your mother in the best light."

"Id rather know the truth, I know you've done your best for me and wouldn't lie to me, but please tell me about mom and what happened."

"Alright Meri, but please remember that I did what I had to do, and I waited for you."

--------------------

"No!"

"Eat! Eat or you won't get better!" Jack holds onto Ross tightly, one arm around her torso and legs around her hips as he holds a spoon to her face while trying to keep a grip on her. "Eat or I'll force feed you!"

"What do you think you're doing right now you fucking piece of shit! Let me go to bed!" Ross struggles against Jack as best as she can, but shes tired and sick and just wants this to be over with.

Jack sets the spoon back into the bowl so he can grab her face and force her to look at him. "You're going to fucking eat or this is going to be a lot less fun."

She snarles and does her best to spit at him, most of it just running down her own face. "Get fucked!"

"Thats it!" He stands up, pulling her up with him. "I try to be nice and feed you and you attack me!" He pushes her against the wall, red eyes mad despite his smile. "I've been so nice to you and all you're being is a brat!"

Ross stares up at Jack, any adrenaline she had earlier to fight him is gone. "I wanna go to bed, I'm not hungry I wanna sleep I'm sorry I'm sorry!"

"I know you're just saying that so I won't get mad at you. I'm going to let Alto handle this when he gets home, he's better at fixing problems like this." He nuzzles his face into her hair, grinning. "How about you eat one bite then we can cuddle on the couch with a movie, how's that sound sweetie?"

--------------------

Ross looks at the TV, Jacks hand running up and down her thigh while some dumb horror movie plays. Its stupid, shes bored, she wants to go home and watch a good movie with her sister and.... shit Keys!

"Jack?"

"Yes dear?" He pauses the movie and looks at her.

"I need a really really big favor..... I have a daughter, she's flying in today at the airport, may you please pick her up and drop her at my house? Please? You can look through my phone to show that I'm not lying-"