5

"Lizzy?" Alto stares at Ross, disbelief and confusion clouding his mind. "No no- Liz, Eve, you didn't do anything wrong it was all my fault! I should have protected you I'm the one that fucked it all up, you didn't do a single thing wrong darling."

"Francis?" Tears start running down her face, she shouldn't believe him, he's a known liar, but for some reason it feels true. "I I don't believe it I......... Adam?" Adam.... Francis.... he should still be with that goddess.... it can't be him, can it?

"Its me Eve. You have a birthmark on your thigh, right here," he gently pokes where her birthmark is through her pants. "You mourned our last baby for three weeks, same with our sons, we were going to name her Jane. I tricked you into eating the apple! Oh my Lizzy." He pulls her to his chest, kissing the top of her head. "Please don't leave me, I missed you so much, I'm so sorry I hurt you, never again, ever. I.... I still love you Liz, please let me make things right. You Keys and Lilith can live here! Jacks helping Keys get set up in the guest room, we can redo the office so Lilith can sleep there."

Ross lets Alto talk and talk, its hard to believe that after over 100 years they found each other again. "Alto calm down, calm down I'm not leaving... but just to be sure you're telling the truth, I want to talk Gears and Cain. Just to be sure, then we can talk about everything else."

"Yeah, yeah you're right. You always were the smart one of us." He gently rocks back and forth a bit, holding onto Ross like she'll disappear any second. "I'm gonna explain this all to Jack before he goes to work, I'm gonna take Keys and go grocery shopping, you stay here and rest. Do you want anything to eat darling?" He looks down at her, wiping her tears away. "Strawberries? You like those, don't you?"

She smiles, putting her hand over his. "I do.... you remember..."

"I do, I've tried my best to remember everything, I know I haven't, but I've tried."

He's being sweet, he hasn't been sweet in a long time.

"Thank you... Keys likes chocolate, can you get her some? And can I see her when you get home? I miss my little one."

"I don't want her to get sick, but I'll see what I can do. You should call Cog, he wanted to talk to you earlier."

Get privileges back, be smart about this.

"Make Jack give me back my phone and I will, I won't do anything, I swear on my love for you."

Alto grins, kissing her temple. "You still love me?"

Keep him happy, tell the truth.

"I never stopped, you're slimey, a piece of shit, an absolute devil comparable to the snake- but you're mine."

"Ross.... who's Keys dad?"

Keep him happy, feed him lies.

"Sperm doner, I just wanted a baby, not a man to bother me. She's such a smart girl."

"Yeah, Jack already adores her, and she's growing on me already.... alright, Jacks gotta get ready for work, go back to sleep while I get Lil and Keys settled."

--------------------

Jack looks between Alto and their bedroom door in shock. "Ross is Lizzy? Really?"

"Yeah, thats why she looks so familiar. Same birthmark and everything, remembers what I did to fuck up our relationship in the first place. But just to be sure we're gonna talk to Cain tomorrow, that kid knows everything." He looks at the door and smiles. "If she really truly is Liz, getting her to move in permanently will be a lot easier. She could never resist when I begged her for something."