9

Jack and Ross watch Alto push Keys on the swing, the blond man laughing when his child tells him to push her higher. Ross smiles and leans on Jacks shoulder. "They look so happy." She murmers.

"Yeah, they do." He puts his arm around her waist, putting his head on top of hers. "She's a cute kid, smart too. She kept me from setting the house on fire last night while we were baking."

"Figures, you're a hazard to society. Come push me on a swing." She wiggles out of his grip, running over to the swing next to Keys and Alto.

Jack laughs, chasing after her.

"Can Aunt Lilith come with us next time? Her screaming this morning made me sad." Keys shouted as she swung back and forth.

The three adults exchange a look, all knowing that Lilith shouldn't be in public in anyway shape or form.

"Sweetie, Auntie doesn't like the park, she doesn't like to go out at all really." Ross explained as gently as she could. Keys is 13, but she's still as innocent as a smaller child. "Maybe we can have a picnic with her in the front yard when we get home if she's feeling well."

Keys does her best to look at all the adults while swinging, feeling the change in their demeanors. "Alright, that sounds like fun."

Ross sits on the swing and starts swinging herself, Jack getting the hint and pushing her to send her up higher. Ross and Keys laughter fills the air, making Jacks heart fill up. So this is what a family feels like.

————————————————————

Alto helps Keys put together some sandwiches for their picnic, leaving Jack and Ross to handle getting Lilith clean and ready.

Jack sat in the shower in his swimsuit, holding Lilith tightly against his chest as Ross washed the blood from her sisters body. He clenches his jaw, trying to ignore the pain of Liliths nails in his thighs. The burning sensation just made him think, how the fuck did Ross manage to do this by herself? "Almost done? She's gonna break skin in a minute!"

"Lilith if you hurt him you're in for a world of pain! Stop that right now!" Ross sprays Lilith in the face with the shower head, the She-devils hands leaving Jacks thighs and flying up to cover her face. "Alright, all done. Comere sis." She grabs Liliths arms, dragging her away from Jack so she couldn't hurt him again. "You okay? Did she hurt you?"

Jack stands up, holding his head. "Nothing that Alto hasn't done to me during sex, I'll be fine." He grabs one of the towels from the shower hook and wraps it around himself. "You two are strong, never would have expected that from someone that's five foot."

"Yeah, one of the joys of being old as hell with a consistent form, you get good at working out after awhile." Ross forces Lilith to dry herself, the blind making a few poor attempts at swiping for her sisters throat.

Jack takes off his swim suit, drying himself off all the way before starting to get dressed. "Do you need help dressing her?"

"Nah, I've been doing this for seventy years, I got it." She starts getting Liliths clothes on her, restraining her look alike by the neck.

"Wait Ross, is your anomaly active?" He looks over to Ross as she stops.

"Fuck, I completely forgot! Thank you Jack."

He feels the air in the room change, a wave of calm crawling over his shoulders and engulfing him. Rosses ability always made Jack feel safe, this was one of those scenarios where it actually kept him safe as well.

"There you go Bella, isn't that better?" She coos to her now docile sister, finishing getting her dressed. She grabs a hair brush off the counter and starts brushing Liliths hair.