7

Cain looks between his mother and father for a moment. "Mom? Mama? Dad is this really mom?"

Clef grins from ear to ear, nodding. "It is, you just confirmed it."

"Cain... oh come here sweetheart!" Ross goes to hug her son and he stands up to hug her back, the familiar feeling of comfort from his mothers embrace filling his heart.

"I missed you mama....."

"I missed you too Cain, oh you're so handsome sweetie!" Ross pulls away and squishes her sons cheeks, tears running down her own. "My sweet boy!"

Cain wipes his mothers tears away, looking over to his dad. "When did you find her? Why didn't you bring her sooner?"

"Apparently she's worked here for over a decade, you were only transferred here last week so that explains why you didn't see her. We only had the revelation of who we were last night."

"And whats your excuse?"

"I'm a dumbass, son, thats my excuse."

"You two stop it, we're all here together now and that's what matters. Right?"

The two nod, Clef stepping over to hug his wife and son. "I'm gonna protect you guys this time, I swear."

————————————————————

"Jack that's not how you do that, see! Watch the video!" Keys holds the phone up higher for Jack so he can see the video easier.

"Okay okay, bossy pants." He sets down the whisk and watches the video with Keys. "Alright, let's try this again." He starts mixing the ingredients in the bowl again, doing his best to mimic the video. "How's this kiddo?"

"Better!" She sets the phone down and starts mixing her own bowl. "Mama loves strawberry and chocolate, do you think she's gonna like this cake?"

"Oh definitely," he pours the cake batter into the pan, scraping everything out. "Especially since you helped make it. You're her pride and joy."

"I know, mama always says that. She calls me her rainbow baby." Keys puts her bowl and the mixer and turns it on. "Hey Jack?"

"Yeah kid?"

"Are you and Alto my dads?"

Jack pauses, thinking. "Technically speaking, Alto is your step father, but since I'm only dating your mom, I'm just your moms boyfriend. Make sense?"

Keys hums, happy with his answer. "I'm happy I get to have dads now, mama doesn't always have time to spend with me and I know she feels bad about that."

"She tried her best, being a single parent is hard." Jack puts the cake in the oven and tosses the mitts into the counter. "But hey! Now we're here to help you and your mom, Alto and I are happy to be your guys." He smiles, patting her shoulder.

Keys grins and hugs Jack, giving him a good squeeze. "Thanks Jack, I'm glad you and Alto are mine and mamas guys."

He hugs her back just as tightly, kissing the top of her head. "I'm glad we're your guys too."

"Do you think Alto will let me call him dad eventually?" Keys pulls away from him, going back to mixing the frosting.

"Oh absolutely, he already has a daughter, I'm sure he won't mind you calling him dad too."