Chapter 2 - Answers To the Past

--------------------------------

Elena walked into the Stackhouse home from the backdoor that leaded to the kitchen, "Knock-knock," she called, seeing Sookie sitting at the table and her grandmother Adele standing near her, "Good morning!"

"Good morning, Elena," Adele said with a kind smile, moving towards the stove and grabbing her plate of food as well. Elena grabbed an empty cup, but Adele stopped her as she walked closer. "No, you sit down. I'll make a new pot."

Elena smiled as Adele kissed her cheek, and she went to sit next to Sookie, "Thank you." She looked at Sookie, "You look awful."

"You ain't sunshine in the morning neither," she teased her back.

"What you talking about?" Elena teased, "I look great." Sookie laughed and let Elena grab a bacon from her plate. "Any news about Jason?"

"Yeah, we heard already," Sookie answered. "They let him go last night."

Elena nodded, "I knew they would."

"I didn't," Sookie muttered.

Elena tilted her head at her, "Yeah, I can see the support for your big brother glowing on you," she said sarcastically. Adele walked closer and Elena smiled softly at her, "You must be glad they let Jason go home, Miss Stackhouse."

"Oh, I can't even believe that they arrested him to begin with," Adele said. "I have a good mind to call Bud Dearborne and chew him out. Jason's a good boy. Everybody knows that." The phone rang and she answered, "Hello? Oh, hey, Everly."

As Adele stepped into the next room, the back door pushed opened and Jason stepped inside. "Am I too late for breakfast?" He asked, making his way over to the fridge and glanced over at Elena, "Oh, hey Elli."

"Hey," Elena said, "Glad they didn't lock you up."

Jason sighed, "Me too." He opened the fridge and pulled out a bowl before closing the door, "I don't even know why they suspected me." He took a bite of a sausage, "I think somebody heard I'd been with Maudette."

"Had you?" Sookie asked.

"No."

"Are you sure?" Sookie asked as she tilted her head, "She was a woman."

Jason sighed, annoyed, "That's funny. At least she was human."

"Ouch," Elena muttered as she took Sookie's orange juice and drunk as the blonde girl gave her brother a look.

Adele walked in with a concern frown, "You will never believe what happened." She saw Jason there and smiled, "Oh, hey! Jason!"

Jason smiled, "Hey, Gran."

Adele walked closer and patted his chest, "Sit down. I'll fix you breakfast as well."

Jason smiled and sat down next to Sookie, in front of Elena. "What happened?" Elena asked with a frown.