Chapter 8 - The Fourth Man in the Fire

--------------------------------

Elena was driving to the house the vampires were hiding out, with Lafayette on his car after hearing about the fire that happened there.

"Oh shit," Lafayette said as he and Elena got out from the car. 

Elena ran past the crowd toward Sookie, the Sheriff and Andy. Four coffins were beside one another outside of the burned house. One of the coffins was partly opened and Mike Spencer was staring down at it.

Sookie looked at the scene from a short distance, and Bud walked closer, "Sookie, are you okay? You want some water?"

"Four?" Sookie asked and turned to find Elena next to Andy, "You're sure you found four bodies?"

"We shouldn't even be tellin' ya this," Andy said and looked at Elena, "Elena, you and Sookie need to get to the other side of the line."

"No, wait, Andy," Elena said as Sookie spoke up, much angrier, "Andy, not now! Not with us."

Andy sighed and answered, "There's four sets of remains inside four coffins."

Elena stared in shock and Sookie shook her head lightly, "Oh, my God," the blonde said and took a step to the house, but Andy pulled her back, "We can't let you go in there."

Sookie gave him a look, "Andy, if you don't take your hands off me right now, I swear to God, I will kill you." She pulled her arm free and turned to the house, walking toward Mike.

"No, no, sweetheart, you don't wanna come up here--" Mike started as Sookie walked toward them, but was cut off when the younger man next to him stepped closer and looked at the coffin.

Elena turned to Andy, "Is there a sign Bill is one of them?" she asked softly, worried about the answer.

Andy shook his head, "No." Elena turned to walk up there, but Andy placed his hand on her arm, "Elena, you really don't want to go there."

"I need to know if Bill was there," Elena said.

"Why--" Andy started.

"I just found out Bill's my family," Elena cut in, and Andy took off his sunglasses, staring down at her in shock. "So, please Andy, I need to see what's in there."

Andy hesitated and as Sookie ran away, they watched her leave. Andy looked from over Elena's shoulder and placed his hand on her shoulder, "Come on, let's get you back home."

--------------------------------

Elena walked into Merlotte which surprised Arlene. She approached her friend, "Sweetie, what are you doing here?" she asked in surprise as Elena reached behind the bar and grabbed her apron.

"I work here?" Elena asked in confusion as she frowned slightly, "It's my shift now, isn't it?"

"Well, yes, but I thought--I heard that Bill could be one of the vampires that were in the fire that broke in that house," Arlene said.