Chapter 3 - Death of the Ones You love

--------------------------------

Elena was still at Merlotte, getting ready to leave. She looked around the empty place before looking at Sam, who was behind the counter, "Hey, did Sookie leave already?"

"Uh, yeah," Sam answered, "Want me to drop you back to your apartment?"

"Nah, it's fine," Elena answered as she saw Dawn grabbing her bag, "Hey, D, can you drop me home? Your house is on the way anyway."

"Sure," Dawn said, giving her a smile as she walked closer, "Like I can say no to you."

Elena chuckled softly, "Good night, Sam. Night Tara."

"Night," Sam said, giving her a smile. 

"Night," Tara said as Elena and Dawn walked out.

"Night, y'all," Dawn called and closed the door. She and Elena walked to Dawn's car and got in. 

"So, didn't see Jason all day," Elena said and noticed Dawn was fighting a smirk. "What did you do?"

"Oh, you know," Dawn said with a shrug, "Just let him hang around at my place."

Elena tilted her head as if she knew what she did, "You didn't."

Dawn smirked as she started the car, "Ooh, I did."

"You handcuffed him?" Elena asked and Dawn laughed as she nodded, pulling the car out of the parking lot. "Oh my God, for the all day?"

"Yes!" Dawn said, laughing. "You know me so well. Now come on, let's drop you home."

"You're crazy," Elena said, but smiled, "It's official."

"You love me anyway," Dawn said with a smirk.

"Never said I didn't," Elena joked and chuckled.

Dawn soon reached to Elena's apartment building, and Elena got out. "See you tomorrow night. We going out," Dawn said with a smirk.

Elena rolled her eyes playfully, "Shocking."

Dawn chuckled, "Good night."

"Night," Elena said and closed the door.

Dawn rolled the window down, "Love you, bitch!" she called and laughed.

Elena chuckled, "Love you too!" she called and waved her goodbye before she walked to her building, while Dawn drove away.

Elena walked up the stairs and to the second floor, she walked down the hall to her door and unlocked it. "Miss Collins." She jumped in surprise and looked to the stairs where the building's landlady, Mrs. Thompson walked up to her with a fake smile, "You haven't paid your rent last month."