one

You want me, I want you, baby
My sugarboo, I'm levitating
The Milky Way, we're renegading
Yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah...

"Ugh, for god's sake." Mashal slammed her book close in anger, her ears were feeling numb with how loud the song was played. She walked towards her windows and pulled her curtains open as she stared at the house across theirs. It was a beautiful two-story house. They lived in a dead-end of the street and theirs was the last two houses. Others were situated a few minutes away.

How cool. Mashal thought when they first moved in here a week ago. She loved her peace and silence. And had sighed in relief thinking she had gotten rid of all those gossip aunties they used to have back at their old home. But she certainly did not expect to get this annoyingly loud neighbour though.

Was he deaf or what?

Gossip aunties seemed much better... No, that might be an exaggeration. Gossip aunties are never better but she might as well consider them to be one in front of these insensitive ones, who had no consideration of others. What did he think? Playing songs in such high volumes? She could hear it from there to here. How the heck was she supposed to prepare for her interview if he's going to be so loud and annoying?

Having enough of the nonsense, she marched downstairs and shut her ears close as the noise invaded her ears more and more.

Meher, her sixteen years old sister was singing along with the neighbour's song, which has now changed into, Charlie Puth's; we don't talk anymore.
Her 5'5 figure looked funny as she swayed her hips to the rhythm, making her ponytail bounce along.

"We don't talk anymore..." Her sister screamed like a pig, "like we used to do." The voice was even louder this time. Gross.

"You sound so awful, stop." Mashal made a face before walking out of the main door. Meher followed her behind, curiously.

Her mother has gone shopping something and father was at work, leaving them both alone, otherwise, she'd have asked her father to go and have a nice little chat with that insensitive neighbour, who has still not stopped playing loud music. She must have hummed along, if and only if there wasn't an important interview tomorrow regarding which she was hell nervous.

"God, I feel like breaking his speakers down." She grumbled annoyedly while wearing her slippers and stridden towards the opposite house.

"How do you know it's a he?" Meher asked, with raised brows while walking along with her.

Mashal turned pink at that question. She may or not have peeked out of her bedroom windows at times and watched her neighbour. Especially that guy, who looked too good for his own good. If she blushed for a second, she hid it well and made a poker face instead.

"Go back to home, what if someone came in our absence. Where is your dupatta? Papa is not going to like it if he sees you coming out looking like this." She told off her sister, instead of admitting how she creepily knows a little too much about the handsome neighbour, no scratch that, he's an annoying neighbour now. But hot nevertheless.

Meher just rolled her eyes in response. Yes, rolled her eyes.

The audacity of kids these days. Mashal shook her head at the disrespect.

"Fine, grandma. I'll go. Don't get beaten up or something," her sister joked mockingly and ran off into their home and stood at the threshold of the door, eager to see what Mashal was up to. Little Meher was a gossip queen herself and she's always eager for dramas.

Mashal gave her the stink eye before trying to look intimidating, he may be a handsome dude but he's going on the black list if he plays such loud songs. Her ears are feeling like they'd lose the power to hear anytime soon as she stood outside the neighbour's door. She was sceptical about her spontaneous decision of coming here like this, before finally ringing the bell.