twenty

Mashal leaned against their car, waiting for Murat to come back. But as the guests keep increasing one by one, she felt anxious and out of place among the new faces, so she decided to go find her husband. Standing along with him seemed like a much better option.

Her long heels made it difficult for her to walk fastly but she managed to walk somehow. That's the problem with being short. Heels are absolutely horrible to wear, but they're too tempting to simply ignore them. After all, it makes her look extra tall by a few inches. She shouldn't be ungrateful or complaining but damn, this particular one is hurting her feet with every step that she was taking.

"Murat, I was waiting for you there. Why are you standing here?" A happy grin broke on her face as she locked her hands with him. It disappeared almost immediately as she observed his frozen state. There was something wrong. She just knew.

"What happened to you?" She asked with concern.

Her eyes travelled to where he was looking at and she was shaken for a second. Her hold on his hands became extra tight, feeling possessive.

What the heck is she doing here? She glanced at her husband and raised her brows, communicating with him through her eyes.

I don't know, I'm as shocked as you. He shrugged and she could read those words crystal and clear in his eyes.

It was hilarious how they could actually communicate without needing to use any words. They've grown to understand each other so well by now.

Eliza glared at their locked hands and eyed Murat accusingly, "was it so easy for you to move on, Murat?" She asked as her pretty green eyes turned glassy and red.

Her stupid question broke their little moment and Mashal felt like throwing something at her. What does she mean by moving on easily?

"Jokes on you, darling. Weren't you the one who dumped him?" Mashal smiled mockingly as she glanced at her husband again, who visibly relaxed as she spoke confidently with Eliza. She blinked at him as if saying- I got this.

He blinked back at her in response.

"I'm not talking with you," Eliza looked down at her as she made a face and then eyed Murat again.

"Don't use that tone with my wife," Murat glared at his ex-girlfriend, who looked taken aback by his rude comment. It was the first time he was talking with her after so many months and it sounded very uninterested. He looked like he'd do anything rather than have this conversation with her.

Eliza clenched her fist as she threw another nasty glare at Mashal. But she was unfazed that night.

Even with heels, Mashal still looked pretty small in front of her. And Eliza was absolutely stunning. She wasn't blind to not see. The pictures failed to do proper justification for her beauty. The red colour saree and her sleeveless blouse hugged her curves perfectly and she was looking breathtakingly gorgeous in them.

Mashal became self-conscious and wanted to recheck how she looked right now. Was her hair alright? Did she wear the right shade of eyeshadow? Was Murat checking her out as well? The last question made her very uncomfortable.

Stop comparing yourself with her! And no, Murat is not even looking at her, stupid. Mashal's inner self chided her.

"You're crazy! Did you forget that you still love me?" Eliza gritted her teeth, feeling frustrated and annoyed by seeing Murat so happy and moved on. All those magazines weren't fake after all.

"No, he doesn't. He never loved you by the way. Stop wasting our time miss supermodel. Can we go, Murat?" Mashal asked smugly as she glanced sideways at her husband again. She was not going to be the insecure wife just because her husband's ex came out of nowhere. She was confident in his loyalty towards her. He never gave her any chance to doubt that loyalty and she won't do now it either.